Recording callings in a Ward with organizations combined with antoher branch

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
somedood

Recording callings in a Ward with organizations combined with antoher branch

Post by somedood »

Our Unit is has a few organizations combined with another branch in our Stake. The Young Women, Young Men and Primary from our Unit are combined with the other branch. The Leadership for each organization has members that are from both Units, along with the Quorum/Group leadership. When I record the callings in MLS I can only record about half of the leadership, but since the other half is from the other Unit I cannot select those members to fill those callings.

Is there something in MLS to handle this type of scenario? I've searched but haven't found anything that applies so far - I may be using the wrong terminology, though. We can use paper to keep track of the positions, but it's a bit harder to have a central place to keep that information with that over MLS.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

somedood wrote:Our Unit is has a few organizations combined with another branch in our Stake. The Young Women, Young Men and Primary from our Unit are combined with the other branch. The Leadership for each organization has members that are from both Units, along with the Quorum/Group leadership. When I record the callings in MLS I can only record about half of the leadership, but since the other half is from the other Unit I cannot select those members to fill those callings.

Is there something in MLS to handle this type of scenario?

One option would be to add the members from the other unit to MLS as Out of unit members in your ward. That would allow you to add them as leaders, but also means that they would appear on all your ward lists.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
somedood

Post by somedood »

aebrown wrote:One option would be to add the members from the other unit to MLS as Out of unit members in your ward. That would allow you to add them as leaders, but also means that they would appear on all your ward lists.

That should work perfectly, thank you!

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”