MLS Messaging

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
wrigjef

MLS Messaging

Post by wrigjef »

I am using the unit to unit feature to send messages to clerks in our stake. Somehow they are responding or simply sending new messages to me from an individual username rather then their unit "financial clerk". When I reply I get an error and have to re address my message back to the unit rather then the individual. How can I simply reply back. If there is a way for me to recieve messages through MLS, that would aviod me missing messages that get opened by another clerk
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

wrigjef wrote:I am using the unit to unit feature to send messages to clerks in our stake. Somehow they are responding or simply sending new messages to me from an individual username rather then their unit "financial clerk". When I reply I get an error and have to re address my message back to the unit rather then the individual. How can I simply reply back. If there is a way for me to recieve messages through MLS, that would aviod me missing messages that get opened by another clerk
You need to add each individual that sends a message to you to your address book. Then you can send them messages by name, or reply to a message from them. If you correspond frequently with the same individuals, then that will be worth the effort. If not, then you simply need to change the "To" after you hit the Reply.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
wrigjef

Post by wrigjef »

Can you point me to where I can find directions to do this? I can't find it in the MLS help.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

wrigjef wrote:Can you point me to where I can find directions to do this? I can't find it in the MLS help.
I don't know of anywhere to find written directions. But here is how you access the address book:
  1. In MLS, go to Messages
  2. Click "Create Message"
  3. Click the "Unit to Unit" radio button
  4. Click the Address Book button
  5. In the dialog box that pops up, click the Add link in the upper right corner.
  6. Type in the name of the person you want to be able to send to
  7. Select the unit in the dropdown box
  8. Click OK.
  9. Repeat steps 5-8 for everyone you want to add.
  10. If you want to send a message now, check the box for each desired recipient.
  11. Click OK.
wrigjef

Post by wrigjef »

Thanks I'll give it a try next time I am at the church. I do not remember seeing an "add" link but I may have just missed it.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”