Enter Donations -> quick command key from Tithing or Fast Offering field to check#

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
Teletubby

Enter Donations -> quick command key from Tithing or Fast Offering field to check#

Post by Teletubby »

I am currently serving as my Ward Financial Clerk.

I see no reason why there should not be a function key or command key to easily go from entering an amount for Tithing or Fast Offering to to go to the check number field.

Since the majority of donations are for either Tithing or Tithing and/or Fast Offerings there should be an easy way to go from those fields (command key) to the check number field.

Please consider this suggestion it would greatly improve ease of use and speed in entering donations.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

Teletubby wrote:I am currently serving as my Ward Financial Clerk.

I see no reason why there should not be a function key or command key to easily go from entering an amount for Tithing or Fast Offering to to go to the check number field.

Since the majority of donations are for either Tithing or Tithing and/or Fast Offerings there should be an easy way to go from those fields (command key) to the check number field.

Please consider this suggestion it would greatly improve ease of use and speed in entering donations.
page up/down will jump between the major parts of the page.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

All the Windows standard keyboard navigation keys are available in MLS.
Teletubby wrote:I see no reason why there should not be a function key or command key to easily go from entering an amount for Tithing or Fast Offering to to go to the check number field.
After typing or selecting the donor's name use Tab to move to the first field, Tithing, of the donation slip. Tab or the down arrow will move to the next field of the form. Using the down arrow within the Donor text box will move sequentially through the list of donors once a valid donor name is displayed. To move from any field within one section of the form to the next section use Page Down. When in the last field of a section, pressing Tab or down arrow will move the cursor to the first field of the next section. To get to the Save Donation button from the last field use the down arrow or Tab.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
shawndowler

How I Enter Donations

Post by shawndowler »

I am a fan of using the mouse as little as possible for data entry. All of this has been said before, but I want to put it in order. Here's what I do:
  1. Start typing donor name and then use Up and Down arrow keys when I think I'm within about five names of the donor I am looking for.
  2. Press Tab to get to select the donor and get to the Tithing line of the donation slip.
  3. Use Tab to go down the list of items on the donation slip.
  4. When the donation slip is complete, press Page Down to move to the Checks section.
  5. If entering a check donation, then enter the check number, then Tab to enter the amount. Repeat for every check.
  6. If there are no checks or if there is cash with the check, then press Page Down to move to the Cash section.
  7. From Cash you can use Page Down, Tab, or the Down arrow key to move to the Coin section. I usually use Page Down since I'm already using it to move between checks and cash.
  8. When all the information is complete, press Alt+S to save the record. (You can use Ctrl+Enter, but I think it's less comfortable.)
  9. Repeat.
I hope that helps. There are some shortcuts for navigating the Other, Budget, and Missionary category selection screens, but generally, those are not used often enough for it to make a big difference in time using the mouse.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

mailman0 wrote:
  1. Start typing donor name and then use Up and Down arrow keys when I think I'm within about five names of the donor I am looking for.
You can also press the , partway through the last name and it will jump to the comma, allowing you to then start entering the first name.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”