Simple Email Proposal

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
WardClown

Simple Email Proposal

Post by WardClown »

I'm not that bright. I read where other clerks check this email or that email set up here or there & another email is overwritten by another... etc. etc. etc.

I'd love to simply log into MLS, check an inbox, like i do for 'Urgent tasks', read emails & make changes sent by members or impliment the changes from the replies of my various queries & thus be that much more diligent... thx of course to such a proficient & simplistic program.

But currently i can't. [Not to mention the chaos it would prevent when we are released]

So is there a possibility for this in the future? Is it already in the works? Another idea i like is "Dropbox?" Has anyone done this? [Sharing a folder on my home computer with
to-do's, changes, etc & then reopening it at church?]

I'm just trying to keep my head above water here & get it right.

Thx Peeps
T.
dajoker

Post by dajoker »

If this were something that could be done from the LDS website, similar to how we can send messages to groups within the stake/ward, that may be a good place for it. Perhaps a member could go to their ward directory (comes up by default) and a link along one of the sides could be to "Contact Ward Clerk" or something like that which would send a message via MLS to the Ward Clerk. That would also create a nice little training trail for subsequent clerks to review about FAQs and the like. Same for stake clerks I suppose. With that in mind it may be nice if MLS's messages allowed contact with the Stake from the Wards. Maybe it does (I don't know, I can just see the Stake side) but that would help me figure out how to best train my Stake's Wards and deflect some of the message volume from HQ.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

dajoker wrote:With that in mind it may be nice if MLS's messages allowed contact with the Stake from the Wards. Maybe it does (I don't know, I can just see the Stake side) but that would help me figure out how to best train my Stake's Wards and deflect some of the message volume from HQ.
From within the MLS messaging system, the stake can communicate with any MLS user in any ward, and vice versa. That's different, however, from the suggestion in the original post of this thread, which is suggesting communication from members to MLS and vice versa.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”