Adding Committees in YSA MLS

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
freedomiam

Adding Committees in YSA MLS

Post by freedomiam »

I'm a clerk/secretary for a YSA ward. We have many committees not found in a normal "family" ward. For example, we have a "Home Evening" committee, a Sports committee, a "Dinner Groups" committee, etc along with the "normal" committees. In order to keep track of the various committees, I tried to add more committees in MLS, but couldn't. MLS would not let me create more unique committees.

Is there a work around other than creating the committees in the "Other" category? Can I have a button for each unique committee? Is there a max on the number of committee that I can have?

Thank you in advance for any guidance.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

The maximum number of custom organizations is eight (8). When that number is reached the "Add Organization" button on the Organizations > Other Callings screen is deactivated or greyed out. There is no other way of adding more custom organizations.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
crislapi

Post by crislapi »

Our solution has been to add them in the Miscellaneous group. There is no limit I know of to how many people can be on a committee, so we just create custom positions inside miscellaneous and group the different committees together inside Miscellaneous.
Prodigal

Post by Prodigal »

I am also a clerk for a YSA ward, my bishopric has asked that I further delineate the various committees so that members are able to see everyone in a given committee easily from the leadership section of the directory on LDS.org. The hard limit of 8 seems to be arbitrary and as MLS is not designed with YSA wards in mind, is there any chance we can get this changed to allow more (either that or add native support for many of the committees found in YSA wards, FHE, mingles, institute, etc.)? Having to trudge through a list of 50+ people when simply trying to find the members of a specific committee is more than a little frustrating.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

There is a slight chance an MLS team member or developer will see this thread. You will have a better chance of getting a change request before the right people if you submit the request through the MLS messaging system.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”