Ward Clerk not a searchable calling for custom reports

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
melvinewing

Ward Clerk not a searchable calling for custom reports

Post by melvinewing »

I am a stake clerk and am trying to compile a custom report of all the ward clerks and assistant clerks in MLS. The amazing thing is that when a calling of "Bishopric - Ward Clerk" is specified as a criteria, it comes back with no matches. All of the other Bishopric category callings work great including Assistant clerks, etc. When I look at the individual records of the ward clerks they all have "ward clerk" as their calling. This is completely baffling to me. Any suggestions?

MEL
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

melvinewing wrote:I am a stake clerk and am trying to compile a custom report of all the ward clerks and assistant clerks in MLS. The amazing thing is that when a calling of "Bishopric - Ward Clerk" is specified as a criteria, it comes back with no matches. All of the other Bishopric category callings work great including Assistant clerks, etc. When I look at the individual records of the ward clerks they all have "ward clerk" as their calling. This is completely baffling to me. Any suggestions?

I just tried it and it worked fine for me in my stake. I created a custom report which had one criterion:

Calling Position --- is --- Bishopric - Ward Clerk

When I ran that report, I got a list with exactly one ward clerk per ward.

Did you look in CDOL to make sure they all have the standard calling of Ward Clerk? Of course, that question is a long shot, since the odds are certainly against every ward making the same mistake. But I'm baffled as to why it wouldn't work for you for this specific calling. I really don't have any other ideas.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”