unable to export MRNs MLS 3.3.1

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
ramsdenb

unable to export MRNs MLS 3.3.1

Post by ramsdenb »

I have a situation in exporting the MRNs from the Export Membership Data and Export Family and Individual Data. Even though I check the box when customising the items required, the MRNs do not appear when importing to my Palm handheld or to a spreadsheet.

I am unable to do a workaround to resolve this situation, and I have treated this as a bug. In previous versions of MLS, I was able to export the MRNs without any difficulty. Any help in this area will be greatly appreciated.

Bevan Ramsden
Ward Clerk
Merriwa Ward
Perth Australia Warwick Stake
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

ramsdenb wrote:I have a situation in exporting the MRNs from the Export Membership Data and Export Family and Individual Data. Even though I check the box when customising the items required, the MRNs do not appear when importing to my Palm handheld or to a spreadsheet.

I am unable to do a workaround to resolve this situation, and I have treated this as a bug. In previous versions of MLS, I was able to export the MRNs without any difficulty. Any help in this area will be greatly appreciated.

It is not a bug, but was a conscious decision made in MLS 3.3.0. The Release Notes say:
Membership Record Number No Longer in Export File. When leaders and clerks use the Export feature in MLS to extract membership information to a PDA, the membership record number (MRN) will no longer be included. This decision was made due to security concerns because the MRN is a key LDS Account component used by members to access Church websites.
This has been discussed in multiple threads on this forum; one example is Latest 3.3 version of MLS does not export MRN in the csv files
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”