unable to export MRNs MLS 3.3.1

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
ramsdenb

unable to export MRNs MLS 3.3.1

Postby ramsdenb » Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:22 am

I have a situation in exporting the MRNs from the Export Membership Data and Export Family and Individual Data. Even though I check the box when customising the items required, the MRNs do not appear when importing to my Palm handheld or to a spreadsheet.

I am unable to do a workaround to resolve this situation, and I have treated this as a bug. In previous versions of MLS, I was able to export the MRNs without any difficulty. Any help in this area will be greatly appreciated.

[color=#000000]Bevan Ramsden
Ward Clerk
Merriwa Ward
Perth Australia Warwick Stake
[/color]

aebrown
Community Administrator

Postby aebrown » Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:50 am

ramsdenb wrote:I have a situation in exporting the MRNs from the Export Membership Data and Export Family and Individual Data. Even though I check the box when customising the items required, the MRNs do not appear when importing to my Palm handheld or to a spreadsheet.

I am unable to do a workaround to resolve this situation, and I have treated this as a bug. In previous versions of MLS, I was able to export the MRNs without any difficulty. Any help in this area will be greatly appreciated.

It is not a bug, but was a conscious decision made in MLS 3.3.0. The Release Notes say:
Membership Record Number No Longer in Export File. When leaders and clerks use the Export feature in MLS to extract membership information to a PDA, the membership record number (MRN) will no longer be included. This decision was made due to security concerns because the MRN is a key LDS Account component used by members to access Church websites.
This has been discussed in multiple threads on this forum; one example is Latest 3.3 version of MLS does not export MRN in the csv files
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”