Lost usernames in MLS under Windows 7

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
michaelbuhrley

Lost usernames in MLS under Windows 7

Post by michaelbuhrley »

We have a single unit in the stake which has lost the MLS user name list multiple times. In the past we had used the recovery feature built in to Windows 7 to restore the MLS users. This is time consuming and the Wiki indicates that there is a better way, however the file paths indicated in the wiki article https://tech.lds.org/wiki/Lost_User_Names are not updated to indicate windows 7 locations. I have spent more time than I care to admit searching in vain for the recover utility which should have been in the following location under XP C:\Document and Settings\All Users\LDS Church\MLS\recover - Where is it in 7, I have done a search of the drive and not found it - is it no longer included in the installer (running 3.3.1_19756)

The other paths listed in the above wiki article do not seem to have windows 7 equivalents listed either.

I have reviewed the MLS exit procedure listed in the wiki article with the users and they have been following it to the letter, but this computer will loose the userlist every 2 ~ 3 weeks.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

In Windows 7, the "LDS Church" folder you are looking for can be found in either of these locations...

C:\Users\All Users\LDS Church

or

C:\ProgramData\LDS Church

Both paths point to the same data location on the hard drive. Both the "All Users" and "ProgramData" folders are hidden, so either set Windows Explorer to show hidden files/folders, or just copy and paste either of the above links into the Explorer navigation bar and you should be able to drill down from there.

As far as loosing MLS usernames on a regular basis, the most common reason is improper shutting down of the PC. If there is a power strip within easy access, I would start looking there first.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”