MLS Access from the Web.

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
carljokl

MLS Access from the Web.

Post by carljokl »

I have some recollection of a project being underway to provide access to a subset of MLS from the Web. It was a while ago when I heard something about this. Is this correct? If so does anyone know the latest status of the project? I have not been following too closely since I last heard about it so I don't know where things are currently.
There are no problems, only solutions.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

It's the Leader Portal. It's up and running and still being developed.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
carljokl

Post by carljokl »

When the Leader Portal Wiki page mentions that in the future access will be given to Ward leaders does this include people like the Elders Quorum President and High Priest Group Leader? I ask just because these are amongst those who complain about struggling to be able to get on to MLS at the moment due to the Clerks usually being on it most of the time.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

carljokl wrote:When the Leader Portal Wiki page mentions that in the future access will be given to Ward leaders does this include people like the Elders Quorum President and High Priest Group Leader. I ask just because these are amongst those who complain about struggling to be able to get on to MLS at the moment due to the Clerks usually being on it most of the time.
We don't know anything concrete beyond what you've read, but since we know that home teaching reports and reporting are part of what's coming, and the EQ presidency and HPG leadership is in the center of that effort, it makes sense that they will have access.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

carljokl wrote:When the Leader Portal Wiki page mentions that in the future access will be given to Ward leaders does this include people like the Elders Quorum President and High Priest Group Leader?
Most likely yes. We can only guess what will be available.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
dannykos

Post by dannykos »

I've just been sent this by the UK MSR Dept:

"Just for your information we are about to start testing ‘MLS on the Web’ in 2 units…"

Anyone know what that is referring to - as it's obviously not the leader portal on lds.org?
Oh - and they also said that the UK broadband rollout will take up to 2 years to complete?! Not holding my breath.
carljokl

Post by carljokl »

I would think that the cost of the broadband would be fairly insignificant compared with the other costs of running a meeting house. I would suspect that things like the Cisco Firewall and Access points present a more significant cost. I wonder if the time taken for rollout is not so much enabling the Chapels on broadband but rather having to organise equipment cabinets being installed in Chapels, Setting up the Cisco Firewalls and installing a Wireless Access point which is a bit more involved.
carljokl

Post by carljokl »

Back to the original topic. I think the leadership portal or web based MLS functionality would affect decisions made about provision for MLS computers. For example I was considering whether to see if I could get one MLS computer per unit at the Stake Centre to try and reduce congestion to get on MLS. Things like the Leadership Portal or MLS on the Web would mean that there is not a great deal of point in requesting a second computer if the congestion can be solved by leaders using the web interface instead.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”