Priesthood ordination disappears after send/receive changes

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
laphlaw

Priesthood ordination disappears after send/receive changes

Post by laphlaw »

We have identified a few individuals that we recorded a priesthood ordination (an elder), and verified that it saved it locally on the computer. However, once we sent the changes to Salt Lake, their ordination showed as a Priest again.

We have tried this a few times already, thinking it was a fluke, and each time they get reverted. Is there something that is overriding this? What do we need to do?

Thanks
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Is this on a ward MLS or stake MLS?

Either way, I can't think of any reason that would happen, unless there's something less-obvious going on. The fact you've indicated that it's happening to more then one individual would seem to rule out the only guesses I can make. Have you been able to do this successfully?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
laphlaw

Post by laphlaw »

This is a ward MLS (also a YSA ward, if that makes any difference).
This has worked successfully before. I brought this up with the bishopric and they thought maybe the stake didn't record the information, and it was somehow overriding it (don't know if that is possible...)
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

laphlaw wrote:This is a ward MLS (also a YSA ward, if that makes any difference).
This has worked successfully before. I brought this up with the bishopric and they thought maybe the stake didn't record the information, and it was somehow overriding it (don't know if that is possible...)
The only way the stake might be involved is if they actually simultaneously recorded the ordinance. The stake's inaction can't possibly be a factor.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”