name unknown on household being home taught report

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
nwrain21

name unknown on household being home taught report

Post by nwrain21 »

On the households being home taught report there is a section of "households" that are listed as Name Unknown, First Name Middle Name (example; Name Unknown John Doe). I recognize the names as former members of the ward who have move out within the last six months or so.

Any suggestions on removing these households? I haven't found this issue anywhere else in MLS. The names are not selectable to delete.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I'd suggest a Unit data refresh. Failing that, call local unit support.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
RossEvans

Post by RossEvans »

nwrain21 wrote:On the households being home taught report there is a section of "households" that are listed as Name Unknown, First Name Middle Name (example; Name Unknown John Doe). I recognize the names as former members of the ward who have move out within the last six months or so.

Any suggestions on removing these households? I haven't found this issue anywhere else in MLS. The names are not selectable to delete.

The "Name Unknown" records are internal dummy records maintained within MLS for recent move-outs to facilitate quarterly home teaching statistics. What may be a bug is the display of those nonsensical records in the report by household. (I'm not sure if that is by design or not.) There is a known bug related to this in the MLS export file HomeTeaching.csv, which may be related to this behavior in the report.
gregneg

"it's a feature"

Post by gregneg »

:confused:
--- to maintain statistical accuracy of some sort. At least that is gist the written response to my bug report (after I tried the "refresh" thing).

Every individual in a former household shows up as a "Name Unknown" surname as an unassigned. (how changing one household HT responsibility to several unassigned responsibilities maintains statistics is a mystery to me)

I do know it is creating questions for our local leadership. I'm waiting for an answer through the MLS messaging system to advise us as to what (if anything) we are supposed to do with them.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”