Check limit?

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
sscenter

Check limit?

Post by sscenter »

Last Sunday when we finished with tithing we went to the screen to verify cash, coin and checks and only the first twenty checks were available to verify. We ended up having to delete these transactions, close out the batch and then do a second set of donations with these left-over checks. Is this something that is a limit in MLS? I am certain we have had other weeks where we had a lot of checks but this has never happened before.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

sscenter wrote:Last Sunday when we finished with tithing we went to the screen to verify cash, coin and checks and only the first twenty checks were available to verify. We ended up having to delete these transactions, close out the batch and then do a second set of donations with these left-over checks. Is this something that is a limit in MLS? I am certain we have had other weeks where we had a lot of checks but this has never happened before.
There's certainly no fundamental limit to the number of checks in a batch. Batches with more than 20 checks are extremely common; with last Sunday being Fast Sunday, I'm sure that every ward in my stake had a batch with more than 20 checks.

So I'm trying to figure out how you could have had this problem. On the Balance step of processing a donation, the list of checks is in a window that may have a scroll bar if there are more checks than fit in the window (the height of the window depends on the overall height of the MLS application's window). It's certainly possible that the unscrolled window would display only the first 20 checks. Is it possible that whoever was operating the computer didn't notice the scroll bar, and so thought there were only 20 checks?

Or could there be some obscure bug in MLS where the scroll bar may not appear in some odd circumstance, even when there are more checks than fit in the window? I did try resizing the width of the MLS application window, and the check panel's scroll bar is the last thing to disappear, even when the app window width is sized to be very small, so the app window width is not likely to be a factor.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
sscenter

Post by sscenter »

aebrown wrote:Batches with more than 20 checks are extremely common; with last Sunday being Fast Sunday, I'm sure that every ward in my stake had a batch with more than 20 checks.

I checked this morning and we exceed 20 checks often. I am the one who did it and there was no bar to go further than 20 down. This Sunday when we do tithing I will see if there are any other problems.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

When I verify checks I like to use the keyboard. Once you get started you can use the arrow keys and the space bar. I wonder if that would let the window scroll even without a scroll bar.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”