Stake Presidency on Ward Officers Sustained Form

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
User avatar
ajames
New Member
Posts: 26
Joined: Wed Jan 31, 2007 4:36 pm
Location: Wayne, PA
Contact:

Stake Presidency on Ward Officers Sustained Form

Postby ajames » Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:28 pm

On the Officers Sustained form for Ward Conference, there is a spot for the Stake Presidency that the Clerk needs to fill out. I was thinking it would be handy if MLS downloaded the Stake leadership information and autogenerated those fields like it does for all the ward callings. It seems rather odd to me that the Stake Presidency are the only callings the clerk would need to add, manually since it should be simple for the ward to download just that stake information.

poulsone
New Member
Posts: 19
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:07 am

Postby poulsone » Mon Oct 29, 2007 6:09 am

I agree!

Also, the instructions state that names should be first and last name spelled out and middle initial, ie Gordon B. Hinckley. It would be nice if they could autogenerate in that format.

It would also be nice if changes to the form were saved, so when a change hapens after printing we didn't have to go through and fix all the formats again.

runstodboy-p40
New Member
Posts: 16
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:47 am

Postby runstodboy-p40 » Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:06 am

poulsone wrote:I agree!
It would also be nice if changes to the form were saved, so when a change hapens after printing we didn't have to go through and fix all the formats again.



New Feature in MLS 2.7! You can save those forms for future use. :D

I have put in an enhancement request to populate the stake presidency information into the form. It will go into the queue for review and prioritization.

russellhltn
Community Administrator
Posts: 20758
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:53 pm
Location: U.S.

MLS enhancement request

Postby russellhltn » Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:08 pm

Another MLS request - The old MIS/FIS system printed reports with numbers that made it easy to go back and reprint the report. The numbers given were the menu options to get there. That was missed with MLS. Any way to come up with a system to speed finding the report desired?

What makes it even harder is some reports look different on the screen then in print.

runstodboy-p40
New Member
Posts: 16
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:47 am

Postby runstodboy-p40 » Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:10 am

I'll throw something into to hopper to see how we can address this. Part of the problem is that the navigation is now GUI rather than keystrokes, so won't be as simple as putting a set of numbers as was there previously.


russellhltn
Community Administrator
Posts: 20758
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:53 pm
Location: U.S.

Postby russellhltn » Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:39 am

runstodboy wrote:I'll throw something into to hopper to see how we can address this. Part of the problem is that the navigation is now GUI rather than keystrokes, so won't be as simple as putting a set of numbers as was there previously.


Understood. A quick "patch" would be an alphabetical list of report titles and how to find them. That way at least if you have the old report, you can create an updated one. What might be nicer is a "Report" area that has all the reports in alphabetical order. That way you don't have to navigate to different areas to do a monthly run. Or.... How about creating a "report batch"? You might create one for "monthly" and when you set it off it runs off all the reports selected.

User avatar
greenwoodkl
Member
Posts: 242
Joined: Sun Jan 21, 2007 1:59 am
Location: Orem, Utah, United States
Contact:

Postby greenwoodkl » Wed Oct 31, 2007 11:03 am

RussellHltn wrote:How about creating a "report batch"? You might create one for "monthly" and when you set it off it runs off all the reports selected.


For those of us with slow printers, that "batch" should be a fun one to wait for... do on a weekday and come back later! ;)

russellhltn
Community Administrator
Posts: 20758
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:53 pm
Location: U.S.

Postby russellhltn » Wed Oct 31, 2007 11:22 am

kgthunder wrote:For those of us with slow printers


How slow? Is it the printer itself that's slow, or MLS printing that's slow?

If it's MLS, there are various speed-ups.

If it's the printer itself, you probably need to make some inquires. I don't remember the church ever suppling truly slow printers. Not speed demons - but nothing that you'd have to wait more then a single meeting for everything to print. In our stake, we've got all HP LJ 1200 and 1300.

User avatar
srweight
Member
Posts: 87
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:55 am
Location: North Ogden UT USA
Contact:

Add some memory!

Postby srweight » Wed Oct 31, 2007 6:19 pm

RussellHltn wrote:How slow? Is it the printer itself that's slow, or MLS printing that's slow?

If it's MLS, there are various speed-ups.

If it's the printer itself, you probably need to make some inquires. I don't remember the church ever suppling truly slow printers. Not speed demons - but nothing that you'd have to wait more then a single meeting for everything to print. In our stake, we've got all HP LJ 1200 and 1300.


adding some nice cheap memory to the printer will speed it up.:D


Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest