handling unassigned group for hometeaching reports

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
colbyj

handling unassigned group for hometeaching reports

Post by colbyj »

Hello, need some clarification/help in understanding MLS tools for hometeaching reporting. I am a stake clerk, so unfortunately do not have much practical experience in entering Hometeaching info, or seeing what the screens look like, since the Stake MLS does not have these screens.

If I understand the process correctly, ward families are essentially divided up into three groups: Elders Quorum, High Priests, unassigned.

The ward takes care to group families to either the Elders Quorum or HPs. Those not assigned remain in the unassigned group. Or, those recently moved-in default to the unassigned until assigned. Correct so far?

Question: For hometeaching reporting purposes, is it necessary to have all the unassigned assigned to a companionship in order to report their visit? Or, can visits to those unassigned be inputted even though they are not assigned to a specific companionship?

For example, if a unit has more families than it can muster companionships to visit them... but the Bishop or leadership visits a particular less-active family that falls into the unassigned group, can that visit then be inputted and counted towards the overall ward hometeaching info?

I see one idea as taking all the unassigned and assigning them to the High Priest Group leader or EQ's President so they are simply assigned... then he coordinates who actually visits them as necessary and when possible, since he can't possibly visit 30 families, etc...

In the montly hometeaching reports there are numbers reported as EQ, High Priest and unassigned... so I assume what I've described above about leaving members in the unassigned rather than slicing them all to one person, is a viable course of action.

Ideally, you'd like to get to where there are no unassigned families... but in the interim, some will remain unassigned, but may still be visited... we're just wondering how to properly report these visits.
thank you
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

colbyj wrote:I am a stake clerk, so unfortunately do not have much practical experience in entering Hometeaching info, or seeing what the screens look like, since the Stake MLS does not have these screens.

Hopefully someone can help you with your HT questions, but I can help you with this issue. Take a look at MLS Test Data. This will allow you to create a "Test Ward" on your computer to look at the screens and get an idea of how it works.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Home teaching can be recorded for any household, assigned or not. Go to Organizations > HT Reporting > Enter HT Visits; select "Household" in the "View by:" dropdown listbox; select the appropriate organization or All in the "Show for Organization:" dropdown listbox; and select the appropriate district or "No Districts" in the "Show for District:" drowpdown listbox. You can now record the month the household was visited (current month or the previous two months).
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
colbyj

Post by colbyj »

thank you very much

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”