MLS 3.3.1 is here.

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
dstorry

MLS 3.3.1 Beta Testing Stake / Unit Forms missing

Post by dstorry »

Hello our Stake is in the Beta Testing of this newest MLS release now all the confidential forms are missing from the wards system and the Stake is also missing them.
Do we have to reload a Version 3.3 from the website or can SLC push the patch to us all in the Stake #521906
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

dstorry wrote:Hello our Stake is in the Beta Testing of this newest MLS release now all the confidential forms are missing from the wards system and the Stake is also missing them.
Do we have to reload a Version 3.3 from the website or can SLC push the patch to us all in the Stake #521906
This does happen to some people when an upgrade patch is applied. See the thread 3.3 Missing 'Other Resources'. To fix it, you would need to do a full reinstall. It appears that build 19714 is the latest on either the regular MLS download site or the beta download site; just make sure that the version of the full installer you use is the same as what you currently have installed.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
davidbcarter

Post by davidbcarter »

A new 3.3.1 build was posted to the download site yesterday (2/25). Any idea what was fixed/changed? The "Release Notes" doc doesn't seem to have changed at all.
David Carter
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

Not only was it posted, it actually downloaded when I did a send/receive this afternoon. We were automatically patched to 3.3.1 last Saturday. I received it again (and rebooted the PC as instructed) today. I could not find anything that had changed.

Dave Sudweeks
Ward Clerk
psnarula

Post by psnarula »

MLS 3.3.1_19376 (24Feb2011) still lacks the ability to use AA, AE, and AP as states of residence when the country is United States. But don't worry -- all of the terrorists at Guantanamo Bay are fully supported by MLS.
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (39.01 KiB) Viewed 1104 times
I don't understand this at all. This would be a simple change to a table that should take two minutes to update and have zero dependencies on anything that matters. Why is this so hard?
Ripsy2k

Post by Ripsy2k »

So I just got a new computer for one of my wards. Ran the backup of mls 3.3.1 and I have no way of getting a copy of 3.3.1 to install on the new computer. So I guess I am dead in the water on this one until they post it online. The thing keeps telling me that the backup was created with a newer version of mls. Any thoughts on this?
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

Ripsy2k wrote:So I just got a new computer for one of my wards. Ran the backup of mls 3.3.1 and I have no way of getting a copy of 3.3.1 to install on the new computer. So I guess I am dead in the water on this one until they post it online. The thing keeps telling me that the backup was created with a newer version of mls. Any thoughts on this?

3.3.1 is available for download from mls.lds.org. It's labeled as a beta but for US and Canada it is the official release.
atticusewig

Post by atticusewig »

A new build of 3.3.1 is out again (Mar 11th). The only difference I've noticed is that it is no longer called a beta.
Hopefully, some of the reported bugs from the earlier betas have been squashed.
ffrsqpilot

Post by ffrsqpilot »

I am assuming it is a bug however I thought I'd ask if anyone else is experiencing this....everytime I log out of MLS I get a pop-up stating financial data has been changed and I need to do a backup. However most of the time I have done nothing with financial transactions.....example: I went on the stake computer to create a certificate for a MP ordination, printed the certificate and then went to close MLS. I had done absolutely no financial transactions nor had I looked at any finanacial screens but I still got the pop-up that I needed to do a backup due to a change in financial data.

Is this indeed a bug or are there some financial transactions that are happening via send/receive that are causing this?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

FFRsqpilot wrote:Is this indeed a bug or are there some financial transactions that are happening via send/receive that are causing this?
If any financial transactions are downloaded during a send/receive (which under CUBS happens quite often), then MLS is correctly reporting that financial data has changed, and thus you are prompted for a backup.

If it ever happens when you have not done a send/receive, or when the send/receive transmission status screen shows no activity in the CUBS area, then it would probably be a bug, but if any CUBS activity happened during any send/receive during your MLS session, I'd say it's working as designed.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”