MLS 3.3.1 is here.

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
danpass

Post by danpass »

danpass wrote:...our stake clerk told me yesterday that we received a patch or update for Stake MLS on Saturday. I haven't had a chance to check to see what it was yet.
This morning I confirmed that we did in fact receive MLS 3.3.1 on our stake computer, last Saturday, 12 Feb. It is labeled as "MLS 3.3.1_19707 February 09, 2011 11:22". I saw no indication of it being a beta release in the software or the release notes.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

danpass wrote:This morning I confirmed that we did in fact receive MLS 3.3.1 on our stake computer, last Saturday, 12 Feb. It is labeled as "MLS 3.3.1_19707 February 09, 2011 11:22". I saw no indication of it being a beta release in the software or the release notes.
That is the build that is labeled MLS 3.3.1b6 (a beta version) on the beta download site that is available to beta stakes. So it is not the general release. I don't know how you came to have it, but it is definitely not be sent to all units yet.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

aebrown wrote:That is the build that is labeled MLS 3.3.1b6 (a beta version) on the beta download site that is available to beta stakes. So it is not the general release. I don't know how you came to have it, but it is definitely not be sent to all units yet.
Several of our units received it around the same time, so it appears to have escaped. Perhaps it was actually to have been released and was then pulled back.

At the time one of our units received it, the Beta site said 3.3.1 was released and the Beta was not available. But 3.3.1 also was not at the regular site. This caused a problem, because the patch was not successful at that unit.

So I suspect 3.3.1 was in the process of being released when something came up and the decision was made to hold another week (or three).
danpass

Post by danpass »

aebrown wrote:I don't know how you came to have it, but it is definitely not be sent to all units yet.

As I said in post 9 of this thread, I never signed up our stake for beta testing and none of the current stake leadership recalls doing so. The update was downloaded by MLS during normal send/receive processing.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

danpass wrote:As I said in post 9 of this thread, I never signed up our stake for beta testing and none of the current stake leadership recalls doing so. The update was downloaded by MLS during normal send/receive processing.
Once you are considered to be a beta site, updates will be downloaded in MLS as part of the Send/Receive process. I understand that you don't think you signed up to be a beta site, but it seems clear that some part of the system thinks you are.

Since beta testing is a stake process, I wonder what would happen if one of the wards in your stake got a copy of the beta installer and installed it? Would that turn your entire stake into a beta stake?

Or it could just be some other kind of glitch. I just wanted to make it clear to others reading this thread that MLS 3.3.1 is not being released in general at this point.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
childsdj

Post by childsdj »

aebrown wrote:Once you are considered to be a beta site, updates will be downloaded in MLS as part of the Send/Receive process. I understand that you don't think you signed up to be a beta site, but it seems clear that some part of the system thinks you are.

Since beta testing is a stake process, I wonder what would happen if one of the wards in your stake got a copy of the beta installer and installed it? Would that turn your entire stake into a beta stake?

Or it could just be some other kind of glitch. I just wanted to make it clear to others reading this thread that MLS 3.3.1 is not being released in general at this point.
Those who have recieved a beta version of MLS are considered a "beta" unit (usually the whole stake) until headquarters is notified that the stake no longer wishes to participate in the beta. There is usually an MLS message sent down prior to the beta instructing them how to opt out of the beta if they wish. 3.3.1 is in beta currently and will be released to all of the U.S. and Canada sometime in the next week if all goes well. When it is released there will be some documentation sent down to the same area that the finance statements are located (in pdf format) to assist in the changes that are being made in 3.3.1 to the budget area.

The assumption that some units in a stake received a notification and some didn't because it was pulled back a couple of weeks ago is correct. Those units that transmitted before it was pulled back received the message.

I hope that helps.
davidbcarter

Post by davidbcarter »

ChildsDJ wrote:3.3.1 is in beta currently and will be released to all of the U.S. and Canada sometime in the next week if all goes well. When it is released there will be some documentation sent down to the same area that the finance statements are located (in pdf format) to assist in the changes that are being made in 3.3.1 to the budget area.
All the units in my stake seem to have got it yesterday. Does that mean it has been officially released? If so, when will the official release version be available on the download site? Or is the beta version on the download site the same as the official version we got yesterday?
David Carter
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

davidbcarter wrote:All the units in my stake seem to have got it yesterday. Does that mean it has been officially released? If so, when will the official release version be available on the download site? Or is the beta version on the download site the same as the official version we got yesterday?
The official release is indeed available on the download site. Note that although the version on the download site is labeled " MLS 3.3.1b7 Beta Test", immediately below the download link it says "Official release for the US/Canada, Guatemala, and Puerto Rico areas." Since you and I are in the US, this is thus the official release, and that explains why it was sent to us via an automatic update through MLS. If you check the build number on the version you received yesterday, you'll see that it is 19714, which matches the 3.3.1b7 download.
rsaina

Post by rsaina »

How can I download the new version of MLS 3.3.3?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

rsaina wrote:How can I download the new version of MLS 3.3.3?
I think you mean MLS 3.3.1. If you are in the US/Canada, Guatemala, or Puerto Rico, you can just do a Send/Receive in MLS and you will get the update. The full installer is available on the MLS download site.

If you are in any other area, then MLS 3.3.1 is considered a beta product, and you would need stake president approval to participate in the beta program before you could install it. But if you get that approval, then you can get the beta from the same MLS download site.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”