MLS 3.3.1 is here.

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
freedom55

MLS 3.3.1 is here.

Post by freedom55 »

MLS 3.3.1 downloaded today. On first glance, I like the improvements to the Budget module.

The release notes indicate that it is supposed to zero out the old Budget subcategories and de-activate them. I had all of our clerks do that ahead of time so can't speak to whether that would happen in a ward that hadn't cleaned up previously. I did notice that it de-activated a couple of new subcategories that I had created under the new "designated" subcategories of Budget - simple enough to re-activate them.

The Budget subcategories are now completly gone from the Income and Expense Report.

The Budget Report is expanded to show the budget allowance carry over and quarterly allowance allotments from CHQ, in addition to the amounts the unit estimates for their auxiliaries.

It looks like one more improvement to make the job simpler for clerks. Well done, programmers!
jbh001

Post by jbh001 »

The download site at mls.lds.org still has MLS 3.3.0 so MLS 3.3.1 must have been pushed down to you early, or they just haven't gotten the download site updated yet.
drporray

Post by drporray »

We received 3.3.1 yesterday as well. More importantly it got rid of that annoying "You have at least one urgent task..." message that has been coming up when logging into the program. To have that gone after two months is a true blessing! Thanks programmers!
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

jbh001 wrote:The download site at mls.lds.org still has MLS 3.3.0 so MLS 3.3.1 must have been pushed down to you early, or they just haven't gotten the download site updated yet.
It would be very helpful if they would get 3.3.1 up at the regular download site. They took if off of the beta site so it is not available for those who have not successfully patched. The beta site says 3.3.1 is now released and no longer in beta (last Friday), but 3.3.1 is not available at the regular site yet.

We had a unit go down Saturday that will not patch, and we cannot fix it until the installer shows up.
williammilessrburrell

Looking forward to 3.3.1

Post by williammilessrburrell »

Just checking to be sure I can log in when the time comes. Our stake finance clerk said that the new version should solve some of budget problems that I have been unable to get to work. I sure hope so.
bill b.
maethows

Post by maethows »

Does anybody know if 3.3.1 is being pushed down to all or select units at this time? I am still on 3.3.0 and have performed several Send/Receives this morning with no sign of the new patch.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

maethows wrote:Does anybody know if 3.3.1 is being pushed down to all or select units at this time? I am still on 3.3.0 and have performed several Send/Receives this morning with no sign of the new patch.
I've seen no indication that MLS 3.3.1 has been generally released. It is not available at the MLS download site, and it is not being pushed down to wards and stakes yet. There have been some cases reported (at the beginning of this thread) where some units have received MLS 3.3.1, but that seems to be for beta stakes (either intentional or accidental).
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
davidbcarter

Post by davidbcarter »

Two of the units in our stake received the following message via MLS on 1/28 (the other units, to my knowledge, have not received this message):
We have produced new Member and Leader Services (MLS) software, version 3.3.1. This new version has already been field tested. This new version will be sent down to your computer sometime in the next two weeks. MLS 3.3.1 has some minor bug fixes and some new budgeting functionality including the following:
Changes to Format of Budget Reports. Some changes to budget reports have been made to align with the improved Church unit budgeting process. See the document titled "Local Unit Budget Instructions" for details. (This document was e-mailed to stake clerks and should also be found on your Finance Statements screen with the title "Local Unit Budget Instructions.")
Change to the Income and Expense Report. Some changes to Income and Expense Reports have been made to align with the improved Church unit budgeting process. The Income and Expense Reports by subcategory and by detail no longer contain budget items. These are in the new budget reports that may be accessed by clicking the budget Report button at the bottom of the Income and Expense Report screen. See "Local Unit Budget Instructions" for details.
Budget Allocation Subcategories. When 3.3.1 is installed, all unit subcategories under Budget allocation subcategories will be adjusted to a zero balance and marked "inactive." If any of these unit subcategories have been used in the current year for expense or deposit, the transactions should be adjusted to the appropriate new standard subcategory introduced with CUBS.
We anticipate that the download will be approximately 10 minutes over a dial-up connection. MLS 3.3.1 will be available at http://mls.lds.org as soon as it is released if you would like to download it.
After installing the new version, please refer to the release notes for specific changes in the program.
Thanks you for your assistance.
This had me thinking that a general release is imminent, but I don't understand why the majority of our units (including the Stake) did not receive this message.
David Carter
danpass

Post by danpass »

davidbcarter wrote:Two of the units in our stake received the following message via MLS on 1/28 (the other units, to my knowledge, have not received this message):
See previous post for message.
This had me thinking that a general release is imminent, but I don't understand why the majority of our units (including the Stake) did not receive this message.
As STS for our stake I received a very similar message by email (not MLS) on 1/27, the day before you received yours. The one I received differs from yours, in that it refers to the release as MLS 3.3.1 beta and indicates that our stake has agreed to participate in the beta test. None of the current stake leadership and clerks remember asking to participate in the beta, but we were willing anyway.

The following day (1/28) I received a followup email with subject heading "RE: MLS 3.3.1 Beta Test (Delayed 1 Week)". The message indicated that due to an issue found during testing, the beta test would be delayed at least one week. It also said that the 3.3.1 Beta patch had been available for a couple of hours that day (1/28) and it's possible that some units may have downloaded it and, if so, not to expect any issues, and that they would be patched with the newer version when released.

I haven't personally received further communication on the subject. However, our stake clerk told me yesterday that we received a patch or update for Stake MLS on Saturday. I haven't had a chance to check to see what it was yet.
davidbcarter

Post by davidbcarter »

That is very helpful information. It appears that they started sending out messages that the testing was over and a general release was coming, but then stopped abruptly when issues were discovered and didn't proceed with the general release.
David Carter

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”