Printing to a file

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
GROlsen

Printing to a file

Post by GROlsen »

I'm the YM clerk and I had the ward clerk write my report to my thumb drive so I could print them later at home. The output doesn't appear to be in a raw text format. Does anyone know the format being used?

Gary
allenjpl

Post by allenjpl »

There are a couple of options. Either he printed them up in Microsoft Office Writer format (unlikely), or he saved them using a pdf writer. If it's the former, good luck. I have never found a use for that file format, nor an application that will read it. If it's the latter, it's in a pdf format that can be read by Adobe Reader. An easy way to find out it simply to rt-click the file and look at the extension. If it isn't one that you recognize, Google it.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

allenjpl wrote:There are a couple of options.

And then there's the third option - the clerk used the normal driver driver, but routed it to the drive. In that case, you might be able to print it by sending it directly to your printer. But only if your printer is of the same "family" as the one at the church.

I doubt if it's the Microsoft Office Writer unless MS Office is installed on the ward machine.

I think the best best is to ask the clerk to run it again to PDF. If the ward machine doesn't already have it, he can get CutePDF Writer. It acts just like a printer, but saves it to a PDF file.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”