Members Moved-Out Suggestion

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
Hilohi

Members Moved-Out Suggestion

Post by Hilohi »

I think an option should be placed on the members moved-out screen that indicates that a member's records not be sent back to the ward or stake that moved-out the member's records in the first place. I know we can leave a message on one of the screens requesting that the member's record not be sent back, but I think it would be easier to have a check-box or a drop-down menu to simply indicate that a member's records not be sent back.

By the way, my suggestion is based on something I heard/read regarding the reason why some member's records are sent back. Basically, church volunteers try to track down members who aren't assign to a ward, and ultimately assign them to a ward. If they can't find a ward for a member, the volunteers simply send the member's records back to the ward/stake from which it came. Is that true?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

hilohi wrote:If they can't find a ward for a member, the volunteers simply send the member's records back to the ward/stake from which it came. Is that true?

I sure hope not. It's more likely they run across some outdated information and act upon it.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

hilohi wrote:Basically, church volunteers try to track down members who aren't assign to a ward, and ultimately assign them to a ward. If they can't find a ward for a member, the volunteers simply send the member's records back to the ward/stake from which it came. Is that true?
Not quite. What usually happens is that when the volunteers speak with family members, they all say the person is still living in the city the record came from, so they send it back for that reason.

When we get one back, we do make another attempt to locate the member, and then send it off again with a special comment that it should not be returned unless it comes back with a specific new address or other contact information.

This usually, not always, works.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”