Where Are MLS Update Downloads Found

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
Jimmer-p40

Post by Jimmer-p40 »

thedqs wrote:Russell you got half the question, but can you also get 2 separate computers for running MLS and one is for financial and one for membership? At least that is how I understood the question.

Having two computers running MLS at the same time will cause severe data damage. If you transmit, it will transmit everything, so if you transmit from a computer that doesn't have all of the membership updates that have been done on the other computer, it will corrupt the data.

It's just not worth it.
JoshuaK-p40

Post by JoshuaK-p40 »

RussellHltn wrote:I don't think so. I haven't heard that before and I think there are some technical issues in trying to do that. Since the current policy is that the church no longer accepts donations for administrative computers I don't know where the second machine would come from.

This is correct. Only one computer can be used for MLS. Otherwise, you get a security failure message. If you get this message you would need to call clerk support at CHQ to have it reset.
Jimmer-p40

Post by Jimmer-p40 »

liver9 wrote:Am I right that you can now have a computer setup as for membership and one for finance and be able to recieve updates and downloads via the internet? If this is correct, this is the best thing since slice bread. Please send BooYa, thanks to those that help make this happen.

Paul Livingston

The answer as to weather or not you can have two computers running MLS for one ward (one for membership and one for finance).
The answer is no.
This will cause the computers to have a security error so you won't be able to connect with the seconde computer. MLS is also not set up to be ran through a network to allow two users to be logged in at the same time.
It would be nice though.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”