Separate Rolls For Divided Classes?

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
sasgrw

Post by sasgrw »

Thanks Alan, I was able to split the Beehive class and add a presidency using the built-in calling names. I deleted my custom callings. The attendance rolls printed separately, which is great. I had never noticed the 'add class' button on the bottom.

The only problem I had was having to close MLS because it was confused after splitting the class and the attendance rolls weren't printing correctly (names missing or too many names). I tried to 'close' the tab for just the organization that was open and then re-open it but that didn't help. When it gets in this state, I find I have to close MLS and start it again. After it came back up, the rolls printed correctly.

The only thing I'd change would be to allow a custom name for the class. Instead of 'Beehive 1' and 'Beehive 2', I'd rather name it 'Beehive 12' and 'Beehive 13'.
sasgrw

Post by sasgrw »

The changes to the beehive class doesn't seem to be fully reflected in the online directory or cdol.

In the online directory, if I click on 'ward leaders', I see PQ, TQ, DQ, Laurels, MM, Beehive, Ward(?), Beehive. Clicking on the first beehive shows me the 'beehive 1' class presidency (for the 13 year olds). That's fine. If I click on 'ward', I see the 'beehive 2' class presidency except for the secretary. If I click on the second beehive, it has an empty list.

In CDOL, I see PQ, TQ, DQ, Laurels, MM, Ward(?), Beehive, Ward(??), Beehive. There are two 'ward' categories. Clicking on the first 'ward' shows me just the president of the 'beehive 2' class. Clicking on the first beehive shows me the 'beehive 1' class presidency. Clicking on the second 'ward' shows me just the 1st counselor of the 'beehive 2' class. Clicking on the second 'beehive' shows me just the 'beehive 2' secretary.

It'd be nice for MLS, Directory, and CDOL to communicate with each other.
giffordrb

Post by giffordrb »

sasgrw wrote:It'd be nice for MLS, Directory, and CDOL to communicate with each other.

That is definitely the goal - can you pm me your unit number? For quick help the best thing would be to call local unit support - I am interested in your units data in uncovering bugs related to the situation you describe. Thanks.
Ryan Gifford
MLS
giffordrb

Post by giffordrb »

sasgrw wrote:The changes to the beehive class doesn't seem to be fully reflected in the online directory or cdol.

In the online directory, if I click on 'ward leaders', I see PQ, TQ, DQ, Laurels, MM, Beehive, Ward(?), Beehive. Clicking on the first beehive shows me the 'beehive 1' class presidency (for the 13 year olds). That's fine. If I click on 'ward', I see the 'beehive 2' class presidency except for the secretary. If I click on the second beehive, it has an empty list.

In CDOL, I see PQ, TQ, DQ, Laurels, MM, Ward(?), Beehive, Ward(??), Beehive. There are two 'ward' categories. Clicking on the first 'ward' shows me just the president of the 'beehive 2' class. Clicking on the first beehive shows me the 'beehive 1' class presidency. Clicking on the second 'ward' shows me just the 1st counselor of the 'beehive 2' class. Clicking on the second 'beehive' shows me just the 'beehive 2' secretary.

It'd be nice for MLS, Directory, and CDOL to communicate with each other.

I don't mean to hijack this thread, but wanted to post a follow-up related to the above. Basically, the second beehive class president that was added was put in the default org in CDOL ('ward'), instead of the YW org. This was due to a bug in cdol and has been fixed in the next cdol release. The online directory uses CDOL data so it will appear incorrectly there as well. The best thing to do is to wait and see what the data looks like after the cdol upgrade.
Ryan Gifford
MLS
bekitab

Re:

Post by bekitab »

aebrown wrote:
Alan.Richardson wrote:How about a different,but related scenario. Again, due to size, we often need to COMBINE classes (e.g. all CTRs, or all Valiants (which then sometimes get split boy/girl)). Is there a way to put them together, so five names are not spread over three rolls?
You can create classes with custom rules. For example, the CTR 4 class has a rule of:
  • Minimum age during year = 4
  • Maximum age at year end = 5
  • Sex = male or female
But you could create a CTR Boys class with rules:
  • Minimum age during year = 4
  • Maximum age at year end = 8
  • Sex = male
along with a similar CTR Girls class. Setting the rules properly makes sure that children will move into the proper classes automatically at year-end or when people move into the ward or when you do "Reset Organizations for Member" from their individual membership record. It's generally best to make sure that the rules don't overlap, so that if a 6-year-old girl moves into the ward, for example, she only gets assigned to one class.

You can also remove any classes, including built-in classes. As you remove a class, you are asked what class you want to move the members into.

Finally, you can go to any class and use Add Members to pick specific members to add.

With the proper combination of these operations, you should be able to set up the classes as you'd like. One final note -- you can't change the rules for a class directly once you've created a class, but an indirect way is explained on the wiki at Changing class rules.
I just posted on a different thread basically begging for this functionality, I am guess it did exist at one point but no longer does. Please clarify for me as I am new to this Secretary thing in Primary. I have served in Primary just in other roles.
Gary_Miller

Re: Separate Rolls For Divided Classes?

Post by Gary_Miller »

It use to be possible however in an upgrade sometime in the last year it changed, you saw that in some of the other treads you have posted on. It is no longer possible to split a class by gender.
What our primary secretary did since we could not spit the class was just take the roll for these classes her self during sharing time.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”