MLS sporadically crashes

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

kisaac wrote:However, I have also been "Kicked Out" of MLS as the original message describes. There is no error message, no warning, MLS just quits and dumps you back into your windows desktop.

The last time this happened to us with any regularity was a number of years ago and was related to printing. Any press of any Print button did the trick. Fortunately, that one was fixed.

I think the "what was it I just did" note is the best way to troubleshoot for the moment, especially if you can turn around and duplicate it.
mpolder

Post by mpolder »

The second problem kisaac described is what our branch is experiencing. Does anyone know if it is possible to dump the current database and do a Unit Data Refresh to start a new database? My only suspicion is this would not save financial data.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

My understanding was that using MLS's backup and restore will rebuild any indexes. (That's why backups are quick and restores are much, much slower.) But I don't think that would help if the data itself was messed up.
mpolder wrote:Does anyone know if it is possible to dump the current database and do a Unit Data Refresh to start a new database? My only suspicion is this would not save financial data.

I'd be interested in knowing the answer, but with CUBS, it could well restore most of the financial as well.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”