Custom report no longer working with MLS version 2.6.x

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
ericb

Custom report no longer working with MLS version 2.6.x

Post by ericb »

We have a custom report setup in MLS that has two criteria fields, one of which is a custom field called Fast Offering Route (a text string representing the name of the assigned fast offering route) - here is the criteria:
  • Household Position | is | Head of Household
  • Fast Offering Route | has no value
When I generate the report after the update to MLS 2.6.x, I no longer get any results. I tried re-inputting the criteria and changing it on Fast Offering Route to: is | blank; but still getting no results. Another custom report that includes the Fast Offering Route as a field to print (whether blank or not) still works fine. Any ideas how to correct this?
jenkinsja-p40

Post by jenkinsja-p40 »

This is a known issue in MLS 2.6 which will be fixed in MLS 2.7. It would seem that any Custom Reports in MLS 2.6 which use custom fields will fail to display the results you are after. Out of curiosity, what version of MLS did you update from?
ericb

Post by ericb »

jenkinsja wrote:This is a known issue in MLS 2.6 which will be fixed in MLS 2.7. It would seem that any Custom Reports in MLS 2.6 which use custom fields will fail to display the results you are after. Out of curiosity, what version of MLS did you update from?

It's interesting you indicate this is a known issue -- I've sent a couple messages to membership support regarding this (via MLS) and have not yet received a response.

I believe we were using version 2.4.3 (was there a 2.5?) just before getting the 2.6 update. I'm looking forward to having a resolution -- any idea on the release timeframe of 2.7?
jenkinsja-p40

Post by jenkinsja-p40 »

MLS 2.7 is scheduled to be released at the end of October. With any luck its release will go smoothly and quickly.
thedqs
Community Moderators

Post by thedqs »

Is it going to be a major update (need CD distribution) or just an update that can be pulled through the modem connection. (28.8 KB should be the test speed)
- David

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”