3.3 Missing 'Other Resources'

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
iamdavid

3.3 Missing 'Other Resources'

Post by iamdavid »

Tonight I auto-downloaded 3.3 (in Australia) and MLS runs fine.
Read through the Release Notes.
There was no mention of changes to the Other Resources facility in total but I recall Membership Audit was in there and they advise changes to it.
Also 'Applications to the First Presidency' - simply not there in the version I downloaded tonight.
The entire Other Resources window is blank, aside from its Title.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

WenU wrote:Tonight I auto-downloaded 3.3 (in Australia) and MLS runs fine.
Read through the Release Notes.
There was no mention of changes to the Other Resources facility in total but I recall Membership Audit was in there and they advise changes to it.
Also 'Applications to the First Presidency' - simply not there in the version I downloaded tonight.
It's not uncommon for Other Resources to disappear in an automatic download. Often downloading the full version and installing it will fix that. But I didn't think automatic downloads were supposed to be happening until after the first of the year. Was this really an auto-download, or did you download the full version of MLS 3.3 already?
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
crislapi

Post by crislapi »

Iamdavid wrote:Also 'Applications to the First Presidency' - simply not there in the version I downloaded tonight.
I installed 3.3 in my stake. I noticed after a couple of send/receives that it was downloading some forms. Perhaps it takes a couple send/receives for everything to get set up?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

Iamdavid wrote:The entire Other Resources window is blank, aside from its Title.

This was a problem when we accepted the download online. In our case, there was only one link (Audits) in Other Resources. There were other links missing in other places, as well.

The only way we could fix it was to get a complete installation file from the MLS site and reinstall. The complete reinstall fixed the problem.
childsdj

Post by childsdj »

lajackson wrote:This was a problem when we accepted the download online. In our case, there was only one link (Audits) in Other Resources. There were other links missing in other places, as well.

The only way we could fix it was to get a complete installation file from the MLS site and reinstall. The complete reinstall fixed the problem.

You will need to reinstall 3.3 over the top to fix the problem. The auto update was sent down to units in Australia and the Pacific area at the request of the area office. Everywhere else is still an optional upgrade until late January.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

crislapi wrote:I installed 3.3 in my stake. I noticed after a couple of send/receives that it was downloading some forms. Perhaps it takes a couple send/receives for everything to get set up?
If you read the release notes it says
The MLS Software Manual is available in the language used by the unit in MLS. Because of the size of the manual, it will be sent as part of the next Send/Receive Changes after MLS 3.3 is installed.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
crislapi

Post by crislapi »

I also specifically noticed the audit forms as well.
iamdavid

Post by iamdavid »

Hmm I'll have a look on Friday night when I go in.
If it doesn't sort itself out I will have to ask the stake tech to give me the password to download the full 3.3.
But I will report back here regardless of which option fixes the problem.
iamdavid

Post by iamdavid »

No Problem. I went in tonight, Friday and booted up. MLS came up with three categories in Other Resources.
I don't recall if there were more than three: Seminary/Institute; Audit; and Administrative.
All's well that ends well.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Iamdavid wrote:No Problem. I went in tonight, Friday and booted up. MLS came up with three categories in Other Resources.
I don't recall if there were more than three: Seminary/Institute; Audit; and Administrative.
All's well that ends well.
In the US and Canada the three Other Resources categories are Church Audits, Confidential Reports and Forms, and Seminaries and Institutes.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”