High Council Order

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
craiggsmith

High Council Order

Postby craiggsmith » Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:56 am

On the Organizations->High Council screen you cannot sort by clicking the column headings like you can on the other org screens, and it doesn't seem to keep the order they are entered in. I saw a thread from almost two years ago about this. It seems they fixed it and then broke it again in 3.2.3 and 3.3, or perhaps earlier. Or perhaps it's a totally new but similar bug. Any knowledge about this?
Craig
STS
South Jordan, UT

aebrown
Community Administrator

Postby aebrown » Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:13 am

hemismith wrote:On the Organizations->High Council screen you cannot sort by clicking the column headings like you can on the other org screens, and it doesn't seem to keep the order they are entered in. I saw a thread from almost two years ago about this. It seems they fixed it and then broke it again in 3.2.3 and 3.3, or perhaps earlier. Or perhaps it's a totally new but similar bug. Any knowledge about this?

This is not a bug. It was an intentional change made in MLS 3.2. As you can see in its release notes:

Listing of High Councilors. In stake MLS, the Organizations menu has an option called High Council. This option lists high council members in alphabetical order only. This order cannot be changed. Members of the high council should not be listed by seniority of service. Only Apostles serve by seniority.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

craiggsmith

Postby craiggsmith » Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:04 pm

OK, thanks very much! I'll pass this on to those who asked me to look into this.

P.S. Do you know where I can find the release notes? I tried to find them on this site but have been unsuccessful. Thanks.
Craig
STS
South Jordan, UT

lajackson
Community Moderators

Postby lajackson » Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:17 pm

hemismith wrote:Do you know where I can find the release notes? I tried to find them on this site but have been unsuccessful. Thanks.

They should be on your computer with MLS. And usually there is a link on the desktop that will take you directly to them. (Unless your STS decided to be overly helpful and clean things up a bit. [grin] )

aebrown
Community Administrator

Postby aebrown » Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:01 pm

hemismith wrote:Do you know where I can find the release notes? I tried to find them on this site but have been unsuccessful. Thanks.

All release notes from the last few years are compiled in the wiki article Timeline of MLS.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

craiggsmith

Postby craiggsmith » Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:42 pm

Great, thanks!
Craig
STS
South Jordan, UT

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”