MLS Bug Reporting Thread

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
opee

MLS Freezing when Send/Receive pressed

Post by opee »

I have had a similar bug with MLS freezing when doing a Send/Receive using the modem. If the connection times out, and I try to repeat the Send/Receive, it will occasionally freeze MLS when I press the button again. When it does this, I force and End Task of MLS and Java, and then restart MLS. It will usually connect OK after that.
runstodboy-p40

Post by runstodboy-p40 »

James_Francisco wrote: BUGNAME: MLS freezes when transmit button is clicked at the end of a tithing recording session.

DISCUSSION: This has happened every week since MLS 2.6 was installed in this particular ward. I don't as yet have any reports of problems of this nature from other wards.

James,

Can you tell if MLS freezes before or after the modem attempts to dial? I'd suggest uninstalling the Afaria Client from Add/Remove Programs in the control Panel and then reinstall MLS over the top of the existing installation. If it still freezes, please call support so that we can take a look at a backup and see if there's something programmatic that could be causing the problem.
james_francisco

Post by james_francisco »

From what the ward financial clerk and the bishopric are telling me, the program is freezing before the modem initializes.
hpaulsen

Post by hpaulsen »

I've been having this problem in our stake for the past few months. For us, it's always after the modem tries to dial that it locks up, and is much more likely to happen after two failed send/receives in a row.

Another problem that I've been having and that our bishops reported to me last night is that we are having a horrible time getting send/receives to work! It fails to connect to the church servers. Has there been a lot of server down-time?
Jodyman-p40

Problems with Temple Recommends

Post by Jodyman-p40 »

As all may well know by now about the new barcoded TR's... We have come across problems or should I say the ability to correct past problems with old TR's. We have a High Councilman and wife who renewed their TR's in 02/2007. The Bishopric member that issued the TR's did not update the computer at that time and now shows they have expired even though they have current TR's. There is no way in the system to correct these expiration dates and we now have incorrect reporting on line 13 of the Quarterly Report (Total endowed adults with a temple recommend).

Another thing... did they think about the new TR process before implementing? If the activation or entry would have been at the ward level, it could have been reported to SLC that a new TR had been issued who then in turn could have downloaded to the stake the necessity of a Stake TR interview being required in that ward and for them to be expecting a call from that TR holder for an interview. Then, after the Stake Presidency Member finished and gave the stake copy to the stake clerk, he also would have been waiting for the paper work from the SP member and be able to follow-up as not to have the paper work misplaced. There would have been an audit trail for SLC and the Ward, the Member, and the Stake. Just my 2 cents.

Jody
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Jodyman wrote:We have come across problems or should I say the ability to correct past problems with old TR's. We have a High Councilman and wife who renewed their TR's in 02/2007. The Bishopric member that issued the TR's did not update the computer at that time and now shows they have expired even though they have current TR's. There is no way in the system to correct these expiration dates and we now have incorrect reporting on line 13 of the Quarterly Report (Total endowed adults with a temple recommend).
One of two things will happen:

1) The member will get a new temple recommend with the bar code and the computer will be updated.
2) The member will fail to get a new TR and will find their old one is no longer valid. Once again, the computer information will be correct. :o

Worst case, the numbers for this quarterly report will be wrong. I wouldn't worry about it.

Jodyman wrote:If the activation or entry would have been at the ward level, it could have been reported to SLC that a new TR had been issued who then in turn could have downloaded to the stake the necessity of a Stake TR interview being required in that ward and for them to be expecting a call from that TR holder for an interview. Then, after the Stake Presidency Member finished and gave the stake copy to the stake clerk, he also would have been waiting for the paper work from the SP member and be able to follow-up as not to have the paper work misplaced. There would have been an audit trail for SLC and the Ward, the Member, and the Stake.
That's assuming the stake does their interviews individually. Even though our stake is not so spread out as to make interviewing a problem, the stake does theirs on a schedule and doesn't normally do individual appointments.

If the member fails to follow though, then they don't have a valid TR. That's their problem, not the stake's. If someone falls down on the job and fails to activate the recommend, the bishop will get a phone call. The problem will be reported. :D

I believe the wards have the ability to check by comparing the book with the recommend activation report.

So yes, the feedback loops are there.
hpaulsen

Post by hpaulsen »

BUG: Melchizedek Priesthood Ordination Record Form - Stake representative get replaced

Actions:
(1) Go to "Membership" -> "Ordinances" -> "Print Form" -> "Melchizedek Priesthood Ordination Record"
(2) Fill out the "Person Performing the Ordination" section by clicking on the magnifying glass
(3) Fill out the "Stake or District Representative at Ordination" -> "Position" section by clicking on the magnifying glass.

Result:
The name under "Person Performing the Ordination" is copied to the "Stake or District Representative at Ordination" name (replacing any name that had been there previously).
Eric Werny-p40

Mls Crash!!!!

Post by Eric Werny-p40 »

We have has many of those same issue on our box. It got so bad that the entire machine froze today, and I had to do a boot.
Eric Werny-p40

Post by Eric Werny-p40 »

We have had the same issue.
James_Francisco wrote:I'd like to contribute a possible bug.

BUGNAME: MLS freezes when transmit button is clicked at the end of a tithing recording session.
MLS VERSION: 2.6.0
CATEGORY: Finances
SUBCATEGORY: Expenses
SEVERITY: Moderate
DESCRIPTION:: After entering the contributions for the week, the finance clerk clicks the transmit button at the end of the workflow. MLS 2.6 freezes when the button is clicked.

WORKAROUND: To work around this, the ward has been using task manager to kill the MLS process thread. Then, restarting MLS and performing a send-receive changes. Post-transmission printouts indicate that the batch is transmitted successfully at that point.

DISCUSSION: This has happened every week since MLS 2.6 was installed in this particular ward. I don't as yet have any reports of problems of this nature from other wards.
opee

Given Name missing on spouse, father, mother bug

Post by opee »

BUGNAME: Given name is missing from spouse, father, mother on a record
MLS VERSION: 2.6.2
CATEGORY: Membership Validation Report
SUBCATEGORY: Spouse
SEVERITY: Moderate
DESCRIPTION: The Membership Validation Report states that a "Given name" is missing for a spouse or parent on a member's record. When you view the member's record, it will show the full name of the spouse in the "Spouse/Marriage" tab. If you click "EDIT", you will see the full name of the spouse in an editable text box under "Surname", but there is no editable text box under the "Given Name", so you cannot edit the record and split the given name and surname. The SAVE button is grayed out. There is no way to correct the warning on the Membership Validation Report (I did not try deleting the marriage and then reentering...)

Example: Under Spouse, it will say
SURNAME GIVEN NAME
John Doe blank

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”