CUBS Passing Through Insufficient Data

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
throndsenj

CUBS Passing Through Insufficient Data

Post by throndsenj »

I have 3 FHC's in my stake. The stake gets billed for all microfiche orders. The FHC unit number use to come through on the detailed report of the Church Unit Financial Statement. CUBS does not pass the FHC unit number through. This makes it impossible to track how much each unit needs to reimburse the stake. When can we expect an update to the financial system to pass the needed information through?
crislapi

Post by crislapi »

I wonder if it is related to the problem with payee's reported in this post. I can't tell you if it is or when it will be fixed, but your best bet is the release of MLS 3.2.4 (mentioned here), set to be pushed down in a week. There are currently no release notes for that version yet, not a list of the bugs the MLS team is aware of and fixing. If you are unsure, it might be best to contactLUS to make sure they are aware of this.
throndsenj

Post by throndsenj »

I contacted them last week. Not sure they really understand the issue. They said they would send the issue up to a supervisor. With the lack of tracking issues like this, it is frustrating not knowing what is happening. Neither of the other threads address this issue. Thanks for the reply. :(
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

Just noticed this same issue last night.. tack up another request for help here.
crislapi

Post by crislapi »

Just sent an email to one of the developers. His reply was that the info will appear on the new Consolidated Financial Statement (CFS - the new SFS), which have not yet been released. I am interpreting his reply to mean that they no longer will appear on the church unit financial statement (CUFS). Hope this helps.
ffrsqpilot

Post by ffrsqpilot »

We have two buildings in our stake where multiple wards share the building and a FHC. In order to keep track of billing and deposits we have set up the accounts so one unit in each building receives any cash from patrons of the FHC's as well as costs for any microfiche ordered. This always showed up on the CUFS as debits ($5.50 per microfiche) and any funds gathered by the patrons were counted in the weekly donations to the FHC category in "Other". This has worked great as one unit can track all the transactions. Are you now telling us that instead of those accounts (which SLC already knows whom to charge) are now going to be coming to the stake?

I asked LUS last week about these accounts. They gave me no inclination that anything was about to change. I really don't relish having to deal with multiple FHC accounts showing up on the stake reports. The individual unit clerks are handling the funds with no problems at this time and don't see why it couldn't continue in that manner.

Perhaps I misunderstand the issue here, but if this is indeed the case, I hope LUS sends out some details so we can plan ahead how to read our new stake reports.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

Pilotfly wrote: In order to keep track of billing and deposits we have set up the accounts so one unit in each building receives any cash from patrons of the FHC's as well as costs for any microfiche ordered.
Pilotfly wrote:I really don't relish having to deal with multiple FHC accounts showing up on the stake reports. The individual unit clerks are handling the funds with no problems at this time and see why it couldn't continue in that manner.
I don't know for sure how CUBS will handle it, but my guess is you will be ok. Your FHC's are setup differently. If you look in CDOL yours are set to have the Ward pay the bills (in CDOL there is an association for this).
throndsenj wrote:I have 3 FHC's in my stake. The stake gets billed for all microfiche orders.
As throndsenj says his stake is setup to pay the bills (his 'Pays Bills for' associations all go to the stake).

So I would guess for you PilotFly that the bills would still be charged to the ward, you just won't have the FHC unit number on them.

Again I don't know for sure how CUBS is handling it, I just see that the setup of bill payment responsibility is designated differently for your stake.
ffrsqpilot

Post by ffrsqpilot »

ryan jones wrote:I don't know for sure how CUBS will handle it, but my guess is you will be ok. Your FHC's are setup differently. If you look in CDOL yours are set to have the Ward pay the bills (in CDOL there is an association for this).

Thanks for pointing me to the right location. I checked in CDOL and indeed under associated organizations in each of the four buildings that have FHC's there is one unit that pays the bills for the FHC. Hopefully it will continue this way which is what I hope the LUS folks were relating last week when I talked with them. This system has worked well for our stake - each unit knows where to deposit FHC patron money and what category to charge any costs the FHC incurs.

Jim

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”