MLS error won't let me login

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
jaradcarter-p40

MLS error won't let me login

Post by jaradcarter-p40 »

We had an issue with our computer, where the date was changed to the next month. I fixed the date and then had to restore the last backup of MLS so it would recognize the correct date. We followed the reset procedure and got back into MLS from our backup from last week.

Then when we tried to enter again (with the date corrected), we
continue to get the following error:

java.lang.NullPointerException

We uninstalled Java and MLS and then reinstalled both, but continue to
get the same error. What should we do next? System restore? We had the latest MLS version.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Unless someone has a better idea, you might want to uninstall/reinstall again using the Level 4 troubleshooting.

Keep in mind that MLS uses it's own install of Java.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

And after the reinstall, before restoring your data, you might try installing a test unit to test the install.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jaradcarter-p40

Thanks for the input

Post by jaradcarter-p40 »

Thanks for the input. I'll try it out later this week when I get a chance and let you know if it worked.

Jarad

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”