New Church Handbook Question

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
JamesAnderson

Post by JamesAnderson »

Forgot about that one in thinking of the callings where the copies of Book 2 would be distributed to the leaders, but guess what, with the Sunday School presidency added into the above, it adds up to 28 copies.
nutterb

Post by nutterb »

JamesAnderson wrote:Forgot about that one in thinking of the callings where the copies of Book 2 would be distributed to the leaders, but guess what, with the Sunday School presidency added into the above, it adds up to 28 copies.
I'm no math wizard (that's not true, I kinda am ;) ), but I think it adds up to 26 with the Sunday School presidency.

EDIT: 26 if you count one for the Exec. Sec. / Clerk. 27 if you count one for each of them.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

nutterb wrote:I'm no math wizard (that's not true, I kinda am ;) ), but I think it adds up to 26 with the Sunday School presidency.

EDIT: 26 if you count one for the Exec. Sec. / Clerk. 27 if you count one for each of them.
The list also included "Office copies: not known, at least one though"; when you include 1 for that, and 3 for SS presidency, you do get 28. So the math does seem to add up (I'm guessing you got higher scores in math than in reading comprehension :D).

But this shouldn't be a topic of speculation -- there is a distribution list somewhere (either in the Book 2 itself or in some official letter) that should give the actual details.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

JamesAnderson wrote:Executive Secretary and Ward Clerk: 1 each
Office copies: not known, at least one though.
Isn't the one shared between the ES and WC the office copy? How else are they going to share it?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
nutterb

Post by nutterb »

Alan_Brown wrote:The list also included "Office copies: not known, at least one though"; when you include 1 for that, and 3 for SS presidency, you do get 28. So the math does seem to add up (I'm guessing you got higher scores in math than in reading comprehension :D).

But this shouldn't be a topic of speculation -- there is a distribution list somewhere (either in the Book 2 itself or in some official letter) that should give the actual details.
Figures. I tell researchers all the time that I can't analyze their textual data.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

RussellHltn wrote:Isn't the one shared between the ES and WC the office copy? How else are they going to share it?
Well, he did say "1 each". But he's listing three copies (ES, WC, and "office") where I think there's only a total of one. But again, it seems to me that speculation is pointless -- we should rely on the official list.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
dannykos

Post by dannykos »

distribution list says 27 copies.
idjeeper2

Post by idjeeper2 »

ohiomatt wrote:If I have a branch, how many Handbooks 1 and Handbooks 2 should I be receiving? I ask in regards to the November 2010 leadership training. Our branch only received five.

Additionally, if I have a ward, how many Handbooks 1 and Handbooks 2 should I be receiving?

Thanks!
Looks like most of the replies referred to wards, not branches. Since my branch only received two Book 1's, I looked at the distribution list - one copy for the Branch President and one copy for the Branch Clerk/Executive Secretary. The counselors do not receive a copy (kind of surprising to me).

I'm sorry I didn't pay attention to the number or distribution of Book 2 but we didn't get that many of them. Enough for the Branch President, Counselors, Clerk/Secretary, and maybe the Priesthood/Auxiliary Presidents (we only have Elders, Relief Society, and Sunday School). I'm wondering if there will be the breakout booklets for each auxiliary like we have currently.
ggllbb

Post by ggllbb »

idjeeper wrote:Looks like most of the replies referred to wards, not branches. Since my branch only received two Book 1's, I looked at the distribution list - one copy for the Branch President and one copy for the Branch Clerk/Executive Secretary. The counselors do not receive a copy (kind of surprising to me).

After being branch clerk for 4 years, I was recently called as second counselor in the branch presidency. We recieved 2 book 1 and 4 book 2 (way short of what we will need). My guess is that not knowing how well staffed a branch is (some may not even have a full presidency), only the minimum was delivered. The letter with the delivery noted that additional copies can be requested from the stake president. (By the way, the subtitle on book one no longer says 'Bishopric' but says 'Bishop', ...)

Side note: When I was interviewed by the counselor in the stake presidency for my branch presidency calling, he specifically told me to "study the handbook".

I am anxiously waiting the training.
idjeeper2

Post by idjeeper2 »

GBarton wrote:We recieved 2 book 1 and 4 book 2 (way short of what we will need).
This squares with my memory. If we do get the organization-specific books at some point, 4 copies of book 2 should be adequate.
Side note: When I was interviewed by the counselor in the stake presidency for my branch presidency calling, he specifically told me to "study the handbook".
Good counsel for all of us - I had to search for the 4th copy (found locked in the President's desk) so I could have access to it.
I am anxiously waiting the training.
As am I. It should be interesting.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”