New Temple Recommends (bar code) issues

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

thedqs wrote:Separate yes, but I was under the impression that it was going out with in the same districts together.
It would make a lot of sense. But no where have I heard that they are.

I think I first heard of the barcoded TRs at least 6 months ago, well before nFS's second beta so I'm under the impression it's roll out was underway when nFS was still in beta.

Maybe they are going in together at this point. I donno.
thedqs
Community Moderators

Post by thedqs »

Well then I guess they are not on the same schedule. The reason for thinking that they were is that the hardware (barcode scanners and internet connection) are both required for nFS and nTR so the kill two birds with one stone idea.
- David
WelchTC

Post by WelchTC »

This project has not been officially announced. I've been asked by the project team to not discuss this project any further until a more formal announcement is made. There are two reasons that I will mention:
  1. Things may change during the roll out that would affect procedures, policies, programs, etc. We don't want people to speculate on what they do or do not have to do in preparation for or during the implementation of this project.
  2. We don't want certain procedures discussed on these forums that would in any way compromise the security and sacredness of the temple or the temple recommend process.
Thank you for understanding,

Tom
bhofmann

Post by bhofmann »

Good news! We just received a letter from our Stake President saying he has received official word that our stake, along with all others in the US and Canada are to begin implementation of the bar code temple recommend system.

He said the transition period is listed at 4 months and the date of the letter was May 14th. We are hoping the four month ticker starts on the date of receipt of the letter, August 1st. He is seeking further information on the timeline.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”