Beginning Balance for Stake Budget

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
rwoodmansee

Beginning Balance for Stake Budget

Post by rwoodmansee »

In the stake version of MLS is there a way to enter a begining balance for a budget category? The report shows the column for a begining balance but I don't see a way to get a value in there.

It could be that the begining balance is part of the new CUBS but I have a good use for it today.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

RWoodmansee wrote:In the stake version of MLS is there a way to enter a begining balance for a budget category? The report shows the column for a begining balance but I don't see a way to get a value in there.

It could be that the begining balance is part of the new CUBS but I have a good use for it today.
There is no way to enter a beginning balance for a Budget category (pre-CUBS, of course -- I can't speak to how it will work under CUBS). It's the same for ward and stake MLS -- you always start at 0. I have no idea why the beginning balance column shows up on a Budget Report -- it just seems to be a waste of space.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
crislapi

Post by crislapi »

Alan_Brown wrote:I have no idea why the beginning balance column shows up on a Budget Report -- it just seems to be a waste of space.
Partly true - if you only view your budget using "current year", "previous year", or "custom" where the starting date of the range is 1 Jan, then yes, your beginning balance will always be 0. However, if you view your budget report by subsets of a year that start on a date other than 1 Jan, then the balance forward column is not zero

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”