Send/Receive to PRODUCTION server

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

Alan_Brown wrote:As an STS, I would appreciate being notified of such a situation no matter what. The STS may well appreciate a clerk helping out with some troubleshooting, but he needs to know of any problems.

I'm sure oregonmatt knows what he's doing, but as a general rule I don't want anyone in my stake touching the components of the Internet connection. They might not do things in the right order. Or they might not do sufficient troubleshooting up front and then cut the connection when it was in the middle of being used by someone else.
Thanks Alan and good point. The first contact should be to the STS who should attempt to resolve the problem himself and then make a call to the GSD if necessary.
Have you read the Code of Conduct?
mfmohlma

Post by mfmohlma »

oregonmatt wrote:The other ward's clerk did it. I guess I'll have to check with him if he did anything with the firewall. (I guess I could check with him to see if he sees it in his MLS too...)
The other clerk said all he did was reset the modem, but not the firewall. Strangely enough, his MLS does not have the PRODUCTION server message.

Thanks for the reminder to keep the STS in the loop. Up here in the "silicon forest" engineers are a dime a dozen and we certainly keep our STS hopping. :D
mfmohlma

Post by mfmohlma »

We just lived with this. Even after rebooting the firewall, we still had to type "yes" every time we transmitted. The message finally went away this week when I installed 3.3.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”