I have a suggestion for the MLS software

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
falisrm-p40

I have a suggestion for the MLS software

Post by falisrm-p40 »

I was thinking of a way for members to be able to help update information and provide service effectively to the ward and i came up with an idea. MLS should be available to members of the ward where they can have tools in MLS. examples are they can update membership information, create reports and keep things accurate like callings. But the difference is when a member updates information, the ward clerk would have to review the submitted information first and accept it before it is reflected in the MLS. Just like when information is submitted to the ward websites.

This will create a user friendly way for members to contribute to the information in the ward and also maintain the security needed for MLS.

Eventually tools can be expanded for familiar ward experiences like ward histories and other callings.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

falisrm wrote:MLS should be available to members of the ward where they can have tools in MLS. examples are they can update membership information, create reports and keep things accurate like callings.
One step that is already being taken in this direction is with the new Directory on beta.lds.org. When members update contact information (phone or e-mail address), that information is sent back to MLS automatically. The clerk doesn't have to approve it, but a notification of the change is sent to the clerk so that he can review it.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
falisrm-p40

Post by falisrm-p40 »

I did notice the new features in the beta website. I hope the church continues in this direction. It is a small feature right now. I was thinking it would grow for leaders and members to be able to develop home/visiting teaching routes, update all household information and even verify ordinance information

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”