Custom Visiting Teacher Report

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
slh531977-p40

Custom Visiting Teacher Report

Post by slh531977-p40 »

The Relief Society asked me to get them a report that is similar to the Sisters report under visiting teaching. They want a report that shows the individual, and then who there visiting teachers are with a phone number. The sisters report actually does this but it has information they don't want, such as the district supervisor, and if a visit was made for the last 3 months. Is there anyway to remove this info for printing, and only print the columns I want?

I tried building as a custom report, and it worked except it didn't include the phone numbers unless an individual phone number had been entered on the record.

Any ideas? thanks
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

slh531977 wrote:Is there anyway to remove this info for printing, and only print the columns I want?
No, there's no way to remove information from that report for printing. A custom report is your best option.
slh531977 wrote:I tried building as a custom report, and it worked except it didn't include the phone numbers unless an individual phone number had been entered on the record.
The phone number field you want to include in the custom report is called "Contact Phone Number". That will include the individual phone number if present, or if not, it will use the household phone number.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
slh531977-p40

Post by slh531977-p40 »

I need to place the phone number for each visiting teacher and that's where i'm running into the problem. The field i had originally chosen was visiting teachers(or something to that effect). That's the field that was including the phone. I will play with it again on Sunday to see if I can come up with a way.
kisaac
Community Moderators

other options

Post by kisaac »

slh531977 wrote:The Relief Society asked me to get them a report that is similar to the Sisters report under visiting teaching. They want a report that shows the individual, and then who there visiting teachers are with a phone number. The sisters report actually does this but it has information they don't want, such as the district supervisor, and if a visit was made for the last 3 months. Is there anyway to remove this info for printing, and only print the columns I want?

I tried building as a custom report, and it worked except it didn't include the phone numbers unless an individual phone number had been entered on the record.

Any ideas? thanks
I like custom reports, because once I design it (if needed) for an organization, their secretary can print it any time they want it, with out any help from me.

If the custom reports feature isn't going to work, you can copy from MLS and paste the "sisters report" into a spreadsheet, and manipulate the report any way they want. However, remember how you do it, because you'll be making the report for them each month.

To get started, the following is from: MLS_keyboard_shortcuts
In most reports or screens in MLS that contain tabular data, the following keystrokes will work. Generally you need to click on a row of the report before you attempt to copy or save the data.

• Ctrl+C: Copy the current row to the Windows clipboard.
  • Ctrl+Shift+C: Copy the entire report to the Windows clipboard.
  • Ctrl+Shift+S: Save the entire report to a file.
If the keystrokes do not work, look on the Edit menu for Copy to file (Ctrl+Shift+S) or Copy to clipboard (Ctrl+Shift+C) options.
Once you have copied the information to the clipboard, you can paste it into a spreadsheet (OpenOffice Calc or MS Excel) to manipulate it further.
Custom Reports allow you to "export to file." Open your csv from your spreadsheet.
And the following thread is helpful:
http://tech.lds.org/forum/showthread.ph ... =cut+paste

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”