Patriarchal Blessing Recommendation form

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
jaylu77

Re: Patriarchal Blessing Recommendation form

Post by jaylu77 »

I would say the problem you are having is because the stake clerks have not assigned your patricarch to the particular calling.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

jaylu77 wrote:I would say the problem you are having is because the stake clerks have not assigned your patricarch to the particular calling.
The issue discussed in this thread is not a calling issue but rather one where the name information is not available unless there is a membership record for the patriarch in the local MLS. Membership record information, including just name information, for members serving in stake callings do not get pushed down to other wards. This includes the patriarch. That name information can be stored for the patriarch from a previous entry of the data. Whether a patriarch has been added to the position or not can be verified by checking the online directory. Our patriarch is listed there yet his name is not available in our local MLS list of names.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
james.mathias18@gmail.com

Post by james.mathias18@gmail.com »

I am the ward clerk and my problem was when the new patriarch was called I put his address and phone number in the form and on Sun I got a call from a person getting their blessing saying the address was incorrect. I checked the online directory for his new address and gave it to the person who had driven more than 1 hour to get his blessing.

The patriarch had moved and changed phone numbers (dropped the land line) after he was called as patriarch so that new information never made it to my ward's computer.

Just a message saying the patriarch has moved addresses would help me, I could look up the new address then.

I also could not find how to change the address, it appears I can only change it when I need to fill it out for someone else but not now when no one needs this form filled out.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

Your stake clerk should probably have notified all the clerks in your stake of the new address and telephone number. However, patriarchs often change their contact information and do not tell anyone in the stake presidency about it.

To permanently change the patriarch's address or telephone number in MLS, you must open the form, change the information, select someone (anyone) as the member to receive the blessing, and print the form. Then you can shred it. MLS will remember the new address and telephone number from that point on.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

drepouille wrote:To permanently change the patriarch's address or telephone number in MLS, you must open the form, change the information, select someone (anyone) as the member to receive the blessing, and print the form. Then you can shred it. MLS will remember the new address and telephone number from that point on.
We have our clerks prepare a recommend for the bishop. That way if the form escapes before shredding, there is no real problem. [grin]

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”