Improvement to home teaching support in MLS

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
dld46-p40

Improvement to home teaching support in MLS

Post by dld46-p40 »

The MLS could be much improved if some different screens and reports were created to support home teaching and visiting teaching. As a ward clerk, and later a member of a bishopric, I have seen many leaders attempt to use the MLS to support home teaching and visiting teaching but the system makes is much more difficult than it needs to be.

As someone who know a lot about databases and computer programming, I am convinced that the current database could support these reports. The data seems to be there, it is just the presentation that is currently making it so hard for the leaders. After years of watching this, I decided to write up suggested improvements and made a document with screen captures of current forms and reports and mockups of suggested improvements. I tried to upload the file to the forum but it is bigger (237 K) than the forum allows. Please let me know how I can make it available to the forum or the right person.

Thanks,

dld46
WelchTC

Post by WelchTC »

dld46 wrote: I tried to upload the file to the forum but it is bigger (237 K) than the forum allows. Please let me know how I can make it available to the forum or the right person.
What is the type of file (pdf, jpg, etc.). We can look into adjusting the maximum file size by type.

Tom
dld46-p40

Hometeaching support suggestions for MLS

Post by dld46-p40 »

It is a MS Word file.

Thanks
WelchTC

Post by WelchTC »

I upped the size limit of the file. Try again.

Tom
dld46-p40

Hometeaching support suggestions for MLS

Post by dld46-p40 »

Here are the suggestions for how to change MLS to better support home teaching.
Attachments
home_teaching_MLS_suggestions_new.pdf
(261.44 KiB) Downloaded 248 times
WelchTC

Post by WelchTC »

dld46 wrote:Here are the suggestions for how to change MLS to better support home teaching.
Thanks for sharing. This is good information that I have passed along to the right folks.

Tom

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”