Change Zip Code For Everyone In Ward?

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
gregtaylor
New Member
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:46 pm
Location: West Jordan, Utah, USA

Change Zip Code For Everyone In Ward?

Postby gregtaylor » Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:02 am

The zip code for all but one ward in our stake has changed.

In MLS, Is there an easy way to change all ward member's zip codes at once, or do they need to be changed individually?

RossEvans
Senior Member
Posts: 1346
Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:52 pm
Location: Austin TX
Contact:

Postby RossEvans » Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:05 am

GregTaylor wrote:In MLS, Is there an easy way to change all ward member's zip codes at once, or do they need to be changed individually?


They need to be changed individually in each ward's MLS system.

gregtaylor
New Member
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:46 pm
Location: West Jordan, Utah, USA

Postby gregtaylor » Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:17 am

boomerbubba wrote:They need to be changed individually in each ward's MLS system.


boomerbubba, Thanks for the info. I was hoping there was an easier way to change them all.

User avatar
aebrown
Community Administrator
Posts: 14693
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:48 pm
Location: Sandy, Utah

Postby aebrown » Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:45 am

GregTaylor wrote: I was hoping there was an easier way to change them all.


Although each record does have to be changed individually, you can save a lot of time by using the record navigation buttons in MLS. As you work through the list alphabetically, the number of steps involved to call up each household record after the first household is only 1 click.

The clerk in each ward simply needs to:

  1. Go to Membership, View and Update, Household Record
  2. If necessary, scroll to the first household to edit, then double click it
  3. Click on Address in the left navigation
  4. Click Edit
  5. Enter the new postal code
  6. Click OK
  7. Click the blue right triangle in the upper right corner
That last click is the only click necessary to call up the next household. At that point you are still positioned on the Address page for the next household. Then repeat the process from Step 4 for each household.

It should take only a few seconds per record to update the ZIP codes, since it sounds like the ZIP code will be the same for the entire ward, so you can just get that ZIP code in your clipboard and do a Ctrl+V to paste it on each record.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

gregtaylor
New Member
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:46 pm
Location: West Jordan, Utah, USA

Postby gregtaylor » Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:03 am

Alan_Brown wrote:Although each record does have to be changed individually, you can save a lot of time by using the record navigation buttons in MLS. As you work through the list alphabetically, the number of steps involved to call up each household record after the first household is only 1 click.

The clerk in each ward simply needs to:

  1. Go to Membership, View and Update, Household Record
  2. If necessary, scroll to the first household to edit, then double click it
  3. Click on Address in the left navigation
  4. Click Edit
  5. Enter the new postal code
  6. Click OK
  7. Click the blue right triangle in the upper right corner
That last click is the only click necessary to call up the next household. At that point you are still positioned on the Address page for the next household. Then repeat the process from Step 4 for each household.

It should take only a few seconds per record to update the ZIP codes, since it sounds like the ZIP code will be the same for the entire ward, so you can just get that ZIP code in your clipboard and do a Ctrl+V to paste it on each record.



Thanks so much for that information. It should help make things easier for the ward clerks.


Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests