finance record error

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
Jim Brown-p40

finance record error

Post by Jim Brown-p40 »

I have a family that donated funds in 2009 and the funds show in the weekly donation listbut they do not show up in the year end tax report How do I the tax statement to them?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

Jim Brown wrote:I have a family that donated funds in 2009 and the funds show in the weekly donation listbut they do not show up in the year end tax report How do I the tax statement to them?

Did the contributions show up in the annual tithing report the bishop completed (with your help) in January?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

Jim Brown wrote:I have a family that donated funds in 2009 and the funds show in the weekly donation listbut they do not show up in the year end tax report How do I the tax statement to them?

Did you check the category of the donation? Donations to the Other or Budget category are not included in the Official Tax Statement. If the category was incorrect, you can change it on the original batch and then reprint the tax statement (and resubmit and print the Tithing Declaration Report, if it was affected).
crislapi

Post by crislapi »

Did you create a new donor for the family? Did you list the donor as one that is not linked to a membership record? You may have to merge donor records in order for it to be linked to the member.

More likely, however, that it's in a category that is not considered charitable contributions.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”