YW turning 18 removed from YS rolls in MLS

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
lanestevens

YW turning 18 removed from YS rolls in MLS

Post by lanestevens »

All of the 18-year-old young women appear to have been automatically moved from the YW rolls to Relief Society. I determined this when making a change in the Laurels class presidency when I was unable to locate the girl I was trying to assign to a her calling.

I supposed that I could simply add the girls that had been moved out back into the Laurels class, but the 18-year-old girls don't appear on the list of candidates to assign to the class. (I would guess that the YM are treated similarly, but didn't confirm this.)

Am I missing something? Is this a software defect? feature? change in policy?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

IIRC, you have to go into the Relief Society and remove her from there. When you do so, you'll be given the option on where to place her.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

The exact procedure is detailed on the wiki under Moving an 18-year-old female from RS to YW.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

lanestevens wrote:(I would guess that the YM are treated similarly, but didn't confirm this.)
They will move at age 19, unless ordained elders first.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”