Quarterly report and auto-filled fields

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
ericb

Quarterly report and auto-filled fields

Post by ericb »

In submitting our ward's quarterly report for 1st quarter 2007, I had a few questions dealing with auto-fill fields. These issues were noticed when first going into the report before it had been submitted:
  • Line 4 - the auto-calculation for this row (total families visited by home teachers) reflected a MUCH lower percentage than the March home teaching report generated by MLS (the auto calculation was showing 110 families visited, but the March report indicated 158 families visited). My understanding from the reporting instructions is that only the last month of the quarter is included in the calculation. Our ward has had a few move-in/outs, but this number seems way off (our ward averaged 90% home teaching during the entire quarter).
  • Line 15 - this row was blank (converts attending at least two sacrament meetings), and I would have thought it would be auto-filled based on the sacrament meeting attendance information already provided for the New Member report for March (which had been entered).
  • Line 16 - this row was blank (converts over 18 with a calling), and I would have thought this line would be auto-filled, since MLS is aware of members' age and convert status, and whether or not they have a calling.
Also, it would be helpful when an auto-filled field is overridden that some visual clue (red background, asterisk, etc) could indicate it had been changed.

Feedback is appreciated, thanks.
childsdj

Post by childsdj »

This problem could be caused by many different things, you would probably be best served by calling Church Headquarters MLS support. They may need to look at a backup of your data.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Something you can try is a backup and restore of the data. This forces the system to re-build the indexes. Don't be alarmed if the restore takes 10 times as long as the backup. That's totally normal.

One thing I would do before trying that, is to make a copy of the data in the MLS directory. Just in case things get really ugly and the back doesn't get everything.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”