Bug: An error occurred

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
klink08

Bug: An error occurred

Post by klink08 »

When trying to 'Add companioship' in the home teaching organization, an error occurs. It says "An error occurred".

Has anybody seen this or know how to fix it?
showseason-p40

Post by showseason-p40 »

I'm getting the same error when I try to access YM (P/T/D) and YW (L/M/B) class members.
Al
kcmcbride

Same error after patching to 3.1.3

Post by kcmcbride »

Getting same error after receiving the patch to 3.1.3. Many links to screens for primary, youth, etc throw the error.
slh531977-p40

Post by slh531977-p40 »

I too am getting the same error after an update to MLS today. Can't access callings by organization or YM/YW.
mfmohlma

Post by mfmohlma »

See this thread. I'm pretty sure somebody will be working on a fix come Monday morning. :D
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

oregonmatt wrote:See this thread. I'm pretty sure somebody will be working on a fix come Monday morning. :D
I'm hoping that someone else will be working on the QA procedures. This seems like a pretty big bug to have slipped though testing.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

RussellHltn wrote:I'm hoping that someone else will be working on the QA procedures. This seems like a pretty big bug to have slipped though testing.
Probably. You would think there would have been at least a clicking of the links.

On the other hand, in another thread Alan has pointed out (in post #9) that the list of broken links seems to be different for different installations. That should make the problem a bit harder to troubleshoot.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

lajackson wrote:On the other hand, in another thread Alan has pointed out (in post #9) that the list of broken links seems to be different for different installations.
Different installations or different data sets? I think the latter is more likely. And might explain how it got though QA.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

RussellHltn wrote:Different installations or different data sets?
Well, I guess it could be different data sets, but they are on different installations, too, because we are in different wards, branches, and stakes.

But various folks with live data (from different units) have reported that the links went bonkers when MLS 3.1.3 was installed. I would be surprised if CHQ actually had a data set that did not miss a link.
jsnauvoo

Action and Interview List

Post by jsnauvoo »

I found on Sunday that the Action and Interview List is also unavailable due to a error! Hopefully this will be fixed soon too!

Jared

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”