MLS 3.1.3 Bug: Callings by Organization

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

pbhanney wrote:So, I have a friend that works on this at the church and informed him of the error and even showed it to him before church started today. He will be working on it this week I'm sure (or someone that works with him at least).
It should be a busy week for the programmers. You might want to point out this thread to him. [grin]
gdow

Post by gdow »

I am having the issue with Primary and Single Sisters. I cannot make any changes to those organizations (calls and releases).
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

I have word from MLS Support that a patch will be available by Wednesday of this week to resolve these issues.
Have you read the Code of Conduct?
daveywest

Post by daveywest »

Techgy wrote:I have word from MLS Support that a patch will be available by Wednesday of this week to resolve these issues.
If you call MLS Support, their answering system acknowledges the error and states the patch is expected Wednesday morning.
waynerf-p40

Post by waynerf-p40 »

Great news! Looking forward to the patch.
donald_duck-p40

How to proceed

Post by donald_duck-p40 »

Hello everyone

Please excuse my English.

I noticed the same problem. Now I'm a bit troubled since I need the (neat) printout of the organisation-callings for our ward yearly-program 2010. (soon!)

Is there any workaround or a possibility to downgrade so I could print.

A possible solution I have tried is exporting the callings .csv which can be visualized in any speadsheet-program e.g. OpenOffice. But I will not be able to make it look decent AND it doesn't export the full date of confirmation...

Any suggestions are very wellcomme.

Thank you.
Cheers
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

We're being told that it will be fixed tomorrow. (I don't know what time.) Hopefully that's soon enough.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

donald_duck wrote:I noticed the same problem. Now I'm a bit troubled since I need the (neat) printout of the organisation-callings for our ward yearly-program 2010. (soon!)
As mentioned earlier, a patch that fixes the bug will be available Wednesday morning, Utah time. So that is only about 18-20 hours from now. Unless you have an urgent need for this right away, I'd advise you to wait for the patch.

Otherwise, the only options I would see are:
  1. Use the Organization.csv export and live with the fact that you only have a month and year for the sustained date.
  2. Save a backup of your current MLS data, uninstall MLS 3.1.3, reinstall MLS 3.1.2 (assuming you can locate a 3.1.2 installer), restore a backup made by MLS 3.1.2, update any callings that changed between that backup and now, print out the organization reports, reinstall MLS 3.1.3, and restore the backup of your current data. That sounds like a lot of work. Personally, I'd just wait the 18-20 hours.
donald_duck-p40

Thank you

Post by donald_duck-p40 »

Thank you for the fast replay.

I'll wait 18 hours!
harddrive

Post by harddrive »

Just let you know, that I had a unit call me today and had this issue. They did a send and receive and the patch was pulled down and everything was good.

This was 8:30 p.m. on Tuesday. So get them downloaded.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”