Separate cell phone numbers for wives

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

Alan_Brown wrote:No, that's not the case. For the household-oriented reports (such as Household Report, Directory of Members, Telephone Directory, Abbreviated Directory), the household phone number is the only phone number listed. If the household phone number is blank, there will be no phone number on these reports, regardless of whether any individual in the household has an individual phone number listed.

It's only on the individual-oriented reports (such as Members List, Birthday List, organization lists, leadership lists, etc.) that the reverse is true: if the individual has a phone number, it will be listed, but if the individual phone number is blank, the household phone number will be listed.
Thanks for the correction. Apparently I've got some data fixing to do. :o
jr00ck-p40

Individual info synch b/w MLS and LUWS?

Post by jr00ck-p40 »

Any update as to when the new "individual" info is going to show up on LUWS from MLS?
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

jr00ck wrote:Any update as to when the new "individual" info is going to show up on LUWS from MLS?
It would surprise me to see it showing up on LUWS :(, but the community project for ward directories has it. :)
kisaac
Community Moderators

try your hand at "custom reports" to solve problems

Post by kisaac »

dalewebb wrote:Am I the only clerk that is getting static about having separate entries for men and wives with their own cell phone numbers on the ward roster?
DW
While obtaining all the cell phone numbers in a ward and entering them in the new MLS individual contact fields is a whole separate issue, there is power in the "custom reports." Yes, we all are waiting for better printouts with MLS, but you may have what you need available right now. Once you've entered the numbers, you could design "custom reports" for those "static generating leaders" and maybe get what they need.

I've talked to several organizations about how they function, and what lists and info they could use, and designed a "custom report" with just what they need. Printing an organization specific report of any or all of your phone numbers is easy. But why stop there? Almost any data stored in MLS, which is considerable, can be manipulated with "custom reports."

I've been totally amazed at the amount of work many organizations were doing monthly to "manually" generate lists that MLS was already capable of doing. They weren't on any MLS menu, but very simple to "custom design." I make them up, save them as a "custom report," then show their secretary where this report is saved, and they print a new one themselves when they need it.

Combining "custom reports" with some "user-defined" fields brings far more specialization ability.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”