Bug: Custom Reports "Callings in Organization" Criterion

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
mkmurray

Bug: Custom Reports "Callings in Organization" Criterion

Postby mkmurray » Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:12 am

Found a bug in custom reports last night. We have changed how our Elders' Quorums are divided by being geographical rather than alphabetical.

I wrote up some quick custom reports to identify lists of quorum members that needed to move from Quorum 1 to 2 and vice-versa. Then I wrote a few more reports that showed who had a calling in the quorum they were leaving. But this is where I uncovered the bug.

Apparently, if I make a custom report with only one criterion ("Calling in Organization" -> "Elders 2"), I get no results. If I change the organization filter to be "Elders 1", I get the results of callings in both quorums.

Can anyone else confirm this?

Thanks in advance.
Many questions are already answered on the LDSTech wiki. Check it out!

aebrown
Community Administrator

Postby aebrown » Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:39 am

mkmurray wrote:Apparently, if I make a custom report with only one criterion ("Calling in Organization" -> "Elders 2"), I get no results. If I change the organization filter to be "Elders 1", I get the results of callings in both quorums.

With the test data, I can confirm this as well. It seems to be a problem with any split organization -- the same issue happens if you have two Relief Society groups, or two Deacons quorums. It only seems to affect the "Calling in Organization" field; if you select "Organization Class" for the criterion, it properly distinguishes between Elders 1 and Elders 2, or between Relief Society 1 and Relief Society 2.

It sure does look like a bug -- it would be good for you to report it.

mkmurray

Postby mkmurray » Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:21 pm

Alan_Brown wrote:It sure does look like a bug -- it would be good for you to report it.

Will do. Thanks.
Many questions are already answered on the LDSTech wiki. Check it out!

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”