MLS Companion Database / Ward Tools

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
elderlarryhawkes-p40

MLS Companion Database / Ward Tools

Postby elderlarryhawkes-p40 » Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:24 pm

With the recent changes in the MLS 3.1.0 and 3.1.1 export csv data format, I found myself looking for a new program/apps for use with MLS export data since the program I was using doesn't seem to have plans to continue support.

The two I have chosen are MLS Companion Database for the PC or MAC and iPhone and Ward Tools for Windows Mobile, Palm, or iPhone. Both seem to still be well supported with keeping up to the export format from MLS and are Free open source programs.

Both programs have currently been upgraded to support MLS 3.1.1 to keep users going, but are also still being tweaked to take advantage of some of the new data in the MLS 3.1.1 exported csv files. It's still worth giving them a try during this upgrade time.

MLS Companion Database is a great tool for Bishoprics to help keep additional detailed information about ward members on their own PC along with being a really good reference tool for information without having to access MLS on the ward computer. :)

Ward Tools is also a great reference tool for leaders to access ward membership information on the go with the various hand-held devices we now use without having to access MLS on the ward computer. :)

elderlarryhawkes-p40

Postby elderlarryhawkes-p40 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:15 pm

MLS Companion Database has just released version 302. I'm finding this to be a great reference tool, for Bishops and Bishoprics, to lookup membership info and keep custom notes and much more for members on a laptop/pc/mac. It is upgraded to take advantage of the new personal phone numbers and email addressed that are now in the exported MLS csv files.

elderlarryhawkes-p40

MyWard Upgraded, new version 2.1

Postby elderlarryhawkes-p40 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:56 am

elderlarryhawkes wrote:With the recent changes in the MLS 3.1.0 and 3.1.1 export csv data format, I found myself looking for a new program/apps for use with MLS export data since the program I was using doesn't seem to have plans to continue support.

Well, I was wrong, and glad I was.;)

MyWard 2.1 is now available http://shiblon.com/desktop/myward/download.php
It is upgraded to work with the new MLS export csv files and includes the new additional personal phone numbers and email addresses in the output files MyWard creates. I like the HTML output the best since it can be used on any platform with a web browser.:)

Thanks a bunch to Dustin for taking the time for getting his programing code for MyWard out again and putting together this upgrade. It's greatly appreciated.:):D

Larry H.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”