MLS 3.1 with test data

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
aebrown
Community Administrator

MLS 3.1 with test data

Post by aebrown »

Just a heads up to everyone using MLS 3.1 with test data: be careful about making financial changes, particularly creating Expenses.

Due to an unfortunate change in the way MLS handles test data, such transactions will remain in limbo forever. That means that to exit or log off from MLS, you will have to do the following every time you want to exit or logoff:
  1. At the prompt about untransmitted expenses, click Continue.
  2. At the prompt about untransmitted checks being rejected, click Continue.
  3. Confirm that you want to exit or log off.
  4. At the prompt telling you that finance data has changed, click OK.
  5. At the prompt to save the backup file, click Cancel.
For previous versions of MLS, only step 3 was necessary, since you could do the simulated Send/Receive, which would clear the necessary flags. But in MLS 3.1, the ability to do a simulated Send/Receive was removed, and now you are simply told "Send/Receive is not available for demo units." So if you ever create an expesne, you are faced with 5 clicks to exit instead of 1, every single time.

I reported this bug on November 15, but it obviously wasn't fixed for the release. I know the set of users of demo data is relatively small, but I find this quite disappointing.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Send/Receive problem with test data is fixed

Post by aebrown »

Alan_Brown wrote:...in MLS 3.1, the ability to do a simulated Send/Receive was removed, and now you are simply told "Send/Receive is not available for demo units." So if you ever create an expesne, you are faced with 5 clicks to exit instead of 1, every single time.
I am happy to report that this problem has been fixed in MLS 3.1.3. It certainly makes working with the test data much more pleasant. Thanks, MLS developers!

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”