Signature Card Form Missing

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
meachamat-p40

Can't find signature card either

Post by meachamat-p40 »

My ward's signature card link is missing as well. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling MLS to no avail.
acearl-p40

Post by acearl-p40 »

meachamat wrote:My ward's signature card link is missing as well. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling MLS to no avail.

Did you try creating the test unit and see if the card is there? You'll want to make sure you have a backup of your database before doing that.
acearl-p40

[SOLVED] Signature Card Missing

Post by acearl-p40 »

RussellHltn wrote:Just for kicks, create a Test Unit on your machine (Unit number 108). If it works for the test unit, then it's something in your ward's data file that's turning it off.

I could see the church wanting to disable that feature depending on how the finances are set up. Perhaps your unit's flag is incorrectly set. In that case, you need to contact clerk support to have them look at it.
Ok, talk about weirdness. I asked the Ward Clerk in that Ward to add the test unit to his MLS installation. He went in and saw that the Signature Card was there for the Test Unit, which is all well and good. The interesting thing is that when he went back in under his Ward, the Signature Card link was there! So, all he did was setup the test unit and his unit now showed the Signature Card link as well. Thanks for the help! Hopefully this helps others in the future.
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

acearl wrote:Ok, talk about weirdness. I asked the Ward Clerk in that Ward to add the test unit to his MLS installation. He went in and saw that the Signature Card was there for the Test Unit, which is all well and good. The interesting thing is that when he went back in under his Ward, the Signature Card link was there! So, all he did was setup the test unit and his unit now showed the Signature Card link as well. Thanks for the help! Hopefully this helps others in the future.
Thanks for the tip. I've been playing with the test unit data and every user I logged in as (with any amount of privilege) could see and print the Sig. Card. In other words, I couldn't create a situation where a user could NOT see it!

Perhaps they were attempting to hide the sig. card from non-financial users (which IMO should be the case) and didn't quite get it right.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
acearl-p40

Post by acearl-p40 »

acearl wrote:Ok, talk about weirdness. I asked the Ward Clerk in that Ward to add the test unit to his MLS installation. He went in and saw that the Signature Card was there for the Test Unit, which is all well and good. The interesting thing is that when he went back in under his Ward, the Signature Card link was there! So, all he did was setup the test unit and his unit now showed the Signature Card link as well. Thanks for the help! Hopefully this helps others in the future.
To make matters even more weird, if the clerk then removes the test unit from MLS, the Signature Card does not show up in MLS anymore!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Call clerk support. I suspect there's a flag in your data file that's turning off the signature card. You'll need their help to fix it.

The fact that Unit 108 turns it on/off sounds like a different bug.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”