Signature Card Form Missing

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
acearl-p40
New Member
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:35 pm

Signature Card Form Missing

Postby acearl-p40 » Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:40 am

I was helping a new Ward Clerk in my Stake get some stuff setup. He was asking about a Signature Card and so I pulled up the Reports/Forms and looked for it and it wasn't there! He hadn't put in all the ward callings, so I thought that might be the reason, but even after adding Bishopric and Clerks into the computer the Signature Card form does not appear. Is there something I am missing? I've sent him the instructions from the Wiki and he says he followed them to the T. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

User avatar
aebrown
Community Administrator
Posts: 14691
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:48 pm
Location: Sandy, Utah

Postby aebrown » Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:57 am

acearl wrote:I was helping a new Ward Clerk in my Stake get some stuff setup. He was asking about a Signature Card and so I pulled up the Reports/Forms and looked for it and it wasn't there! He hadn't put in all the ward callings, so I thought that might be the reason, but even after adding Bishopric and Clerks into the computer the Signature Card form does not appear. Is there something I am missing? I've sent him the instructions from the Wiki and he says he followed them to the T. Any help would be appreciated.


It's in a slightly different place in MLS 3.x than where the wiki article describes (I'll fix the wiki). But hopefully it should be easier to find. You don't even have to go to the list of forms -- it's available on the Forms/Certificates panel directly:

SigCard.jpg
SigCard.jpg (17.42 KiB) Viewed 340 times

acearl-p40
New Member
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:35 pm

Postby acearl-p40 » Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:24 pm

Alan_Brown wrote:It's in a slightly different place in MLS 3.x than where the wiki article describes (I'll fix the wiki). But hopefully it should be easier to find. You don't even have to go to the list of forms -- it's available on the Forms/Certificates panel directly:



I thought that was the case, but I didn't check the version they had installed on their computer, which I probably should have done. I'll check it tonight. Thanks for the reply.

mamadsen
Member
Posts: 62
Joined: Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:03 am
Location: Orem, UT

Postby mamadsen » Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:13 am

Alan_Brown wrote:...You don't even have to go to the list of forms -- it's available on the Forms/Certificates panel directly:



It is also available (MLS 3.1) in the Finances tab under Reports/Reconcile.
Attachments
SigCard.jpg
SigCard.jpg (10.39 KiB) Viewed 195 times

acearl-p40
New Member
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:35 pm

Postby acearl-p40 » Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:52 pm

Alan_Brown wrote:It's in a slightly different place in MLS 3.x than where the wiki article describes (I'll fix the wiki). But hopefully it should be easier to find. You don't even have to go to the list of forms -- it's available on the Forms/Certificates panel directly:



I looked at the system, and they have 3.0.3, but the Signature Card does not show up under the finance area where it does on the install of MLS on the clerk's computer in my ward. Are there any permissions that need to be setup for it to work? Anything that needs to be setup in terms of the finances portion? Account numbers? Thanks!

russellhltn
Community Administrator
Posts: 20755
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:53 pm
Location: U.S.

Postby russellhltn » Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:19 pm

I wonder if the logged in MLS user has to have admin rights in MLS?
Have you searched the Wiki?
Try using a Google search by adding "site:tech.lds.org/wiki" to the search criteria.

User avatar
aebrown
Community Administrator
Posts: 14691
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:48 pm
Location: Sandy, Utah

Postby aebrown » Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:37 pm

RussellHltn wrote:I wonder if the logged in MLS user has to have admin rights in MLS?


No, Finance rights are sufficient. So this is indeed strange.

It's probably an installation issue. Since everyone will be getting MLS 3.1 this weekend, my guess is that will fix it.

jdlessley
Community Moderators
Posts: 6526
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:30 pm
Location: USA, TX

Postby jdlessley » Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:19 am

Alan_Brown wrote:It's probably an installation issue. Since everyone will be getting MLS 3.1 this weekend, my guess is that will fix it.
It may not. A full install may be required since patch upgrades may not affect parts of the program not changed. If the download this weekend does not fix it then he should do a full reinstall.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the LDS.org Help Center page or the LDSTech wiki?

acearl-p40
New Member
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:35 pm

Still no signature card!

Postby acearl-p40 » Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:01 pm

jdlessley wrote:It may not. A full install may be required since patch upgrades may not affect parts of the program not changed. If the download this weekend does not fix it then he should do a full reinstall.


I tried both things. The Ward got the latest patches (3.1.1) and the form still does not show up. I also went in and uninstalled, moved the Program Files\LDS Church\MLS directory and mlsData-backup directories and did a reinstall. The form STILL does not show up. I have attached an image of what it looks like. An interesting thing that the Ward Clerk brought up was that the instructions in the Help menu say to use the "Lists" menu, but there is no Lists menu on their system. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks
Attachments
no_signature_card.jpg
(90.5 KiB) Downloaded 97 times
no_signature_card2.JPG
no_signature_card2.JPG (33.57 KiB) Viewed 197 times

russellhltn
Community Administrator
Posts: 20755
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:53 pm
Location: U.S.

Postby russellhltn » Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:27 pm

Just for kicks, create a Test Unit on your machine (Unit number 108). If it works for the test unit, then it's something in your ward's data file that's turning it off.

I could see the church wanting to disable that feature depending on how the finances are set up. Perhaps your unit's flag is incorrectly set. In that case, you need to contact clerk support to have them look at it.
Have you searched the Wiki?

Try using a Google search by adding "site:tech.lds.org/wiki" to the search criteria.


Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest