MLS 3.1 Address problems

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
RossEvans

MLS 3.1 Address problems

Post by RossEvans »

As reported in another thread, the MLS 3.1.0b8 beta seems to have a bug in the Membership.csv, HomeTeaching.csv and VisitingTeaching.csv export files: The city and state fields for the primary address fail to be exported using the test ward data.

And in at least some records, the "2 Street 1" portion of the alternate mailing address seems to contain garbled data, a concatenation of state and zip code.

EDIT: Alan_Brown reports that this may just be an artifact of using the test data raw in the beta version, without going through the "Urgent Task" process of reformatting the addresses within MLS first. So this one seems to be a false alarm.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

boomerbubba wrote:As reported in another thread, the MLS 3.1.0b8 beta seems to have a bug in the Membership.csv, HomeTeaching.csv and VisitingTeaching.csv export files: The city and state fields for the primary address fail to be exported using the test ward data.
See my response in this post for the likely source of this issue (not a bug).
boomerbubba wrote:And in at least some records, the "2 Street 1" portion of the alternate mailing address seems to contain garbled data, a concatenation of state and zip code.
Can you give a specific example of this? What household shows this?

Are you saying that the garbled data appears in the UI, or only in an export file? If so, in what export file?

Also, were you using test data created in an earlier version of MLS that was then upgraded by MLS 3.1, or was this test data created by MLS 3.1?

(P.S. I moved this conversation to a new thread, since it has nothing to do with the new individual phone and e-mail addresses.)
RossEvans

Post by RossEvans »

Alan_Brown wrote:See my response in this post for the likely source of this issue (not a bug).

Can you give a specific example of this? What household shows this?

Are you saying that the garbled data appears in the UI, or only in an export file? If so, in what export file?

Also, were you using test data created in an earlier version of MLS that was then upgraded by MLS 3.1, or was this test data created by MLS 3.1?

(P.S. I moved this conversation to a new thread, since it has nothing to do with the new individual phone and e-mail addresses.)

One example is the "BUTTERWORTH, EDWARD LIONEL" household, which I now see has malformed data in need of "Urgent Task" reformatting. So this is also a false alarm. There apparently is no bug in the export file logic.

You are correct that my testing was based on data that had been freshly imported into the new MLS beta without going through the "Urgent Task" corrections.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”