New Connect Button, bottom right, ver 3.1

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
elderlarryhawkes-p40

New Connect Button, bottom right, ver 3.1

Post by elderlarryhawkes-p40 »

What is the function and purpose of the new "Connect" button at the bottom right of the MLS window?

After 3.1 installed and I clicked on the new connect button, it seemed to check for updates, which it found and I had to reboot again. What else does it do? :confused:

See attached.
Attachments
Clipboard02.jpg
Clipboard02.jpg (28.87 KiB) Viewed 478 times
RossEvans

Post by RossEvans »

elderlarryhawkes wrote:What is the function and purpose of the new "Connect" button at the bottom right of the MLS window?

After 3.1 installed and I clicked on the new connect button, it seemed to check for updates, which it found and I had to reboot again. What else does it do? :confused:

From the Release Notes:

The right end of the bar allows the user to connect with the administration office and transfer data. Clicking Connect is the same as clicking Send/Receive Changes. The left end of the bar shows the current status of the connection between MLS and the administration office. A gauge appears in the middle of the bar showing the progress of data transfer. This is useful for long downloads, such as for a software update.
elderlarryhawkes-p40

Post by elderlarryhawkes-p40 »

Interesting, Thanks.
pbhanney

Post by pbhanney »

If you go under "Help" and then "Show Send/Receive Status" you will see what is being uploaded and downloaded. It is pretty cool to watch.

This button is used instead of the "Send/Receive" of the "olden" days. It does take some time to get used to as I am always used to clicking in that corner to close the current tab.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”